EXCLUSIVE: BMW M3 SPY-SHOTS
New bahn-stormer caught by PH snapper
The new 400bhp BMW M3, due for launch next year, has been spotted: check out these pics.
Our resident super-snapper Sebastian Geisler first spotted the BMW's new M3 Coupé on a German autobahn, but didn't get the chance to take pictures as it's pretty quick. Second time around, he was more successful.
- The car is almost uncamouflaged:
- The front bumper is completely uncamouflaged,
- The bonnet & side indicators have some minor camouflage,
- The rear bumper has some minor camouflage on the right and left side, the
- middle is completely uncamouflaged -- the diffuser is visible.
- You can see that the M3 Coupé will sport a small rear spoiler.
The new M3 is powered by a V8 engine, based on the V10 from the BMW M5 / M6, with about 400 hp. It will be available next year, probably I expect the presentation at the Geneva motor show starting 8 March 2007.
The four-door and the convertible (with metal roof) variants will arrive later. BMW also hasn't yet decided whether a M3 Touring will also be made -- it's likely to wait to see how successful the M5 Touring is.