Terms and Conditions of Advertising
- Advertisement copy shall be legal, decent, honest and
truthful; shall comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice and all
other Codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards
Authority: and shall comply with the requirements of current legislation.
- By submitting your advert, you are requesting that
your advert appears on our Website. This means that the advert, including your
telephone number and company details (where applicable), can potentially be
viewed by all persons with Internet access throughout the world. You consent
to the publication of your data in this way.
- Once accepted you may amend your advert in accordance
with our company's procedure. You have the right to cancel the advert for any
reason at any time.
- While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes
of Advertisers, the Publisher does not guarantee the insertion, the position,
or the colour of any particular advertisement.
- It is technically impossible to provide a Website free
from interruptions and (except to the extent that interruptions are caused by
our negligence) we do not guarantee that your advert will be provided
continuously or free of faults. In addition, we will need to carry out
maintenance of the Website from time to time and in doing so we shall attempt
to keep the disruption to your advert to a minimum.
- The Publisher does not accept responsibility for any
loss or damage caused by (a) an error, inaccuracy or omission in the
publishing of the advertisement: (b) for any failure to publish an
advertisement on the date or dates specified by the Advertiser: (c) for the
publication of an advertisement on the date or dates specified by the
Advertiser whether the actual date be earlier or later than the date or dates
specified: and/or in respect of any loss or damage alleged to have arisen
through delay in forwarding or omission to forward replies to the Advertiser,
- The Publisher reserves the right to omit, suspend, or
change the position of any advertisement, without ascertaining any
reason, even if it has already been accepted for publication.
- Advertisements are accepted on the understanding that
they comply with the Business Advertisements (Disclosure) Order 1977 which
requires all advertisements placed by persons who seek to sell goods, in the
course of a business, to make that fact clear in the wording of their
- The Publisher reserves the right to limit the number
of private advertisements placed to three within any three month period.
- The Publisher reserves the right to make any
alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement and to
require artwork or copy to be amended to meet its approval.
- The Publisher reserves the right to increase
advertisement rates at any time.
- Credit accounts are strictly nett and unless by prior
agreement will be pre-paid. Where credit agreement exists our terms are that
our account must be settled within 30 days of the date of invoicing. If
the account is overdue, the Publisher reserves the right to suspend
- The Website contains material submitted and created by
private and trade advertisers and other third parties. We exclude all
liability for any illegality arising from such material, or any errors,
omissions or inaccuracies in such material.
- The Advertiser/Advertising Agency agrees to indemnify
the Publisher in respect of all costs, damages, or other charges falling upon
the website as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising
from the publication of the advertisement. In any case where a claim is made
against PistonHeads or PistonHeads is used in litigation the
Advertiser/Advertising Agency may ultimately be liable under the terms hereof,
notice in writing shall be given to the Advertiser/Advertising Agency, and
consultation shall take place before any expense is incurred or the claim is
settled or the case is defended or otherwise disposed of.
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an
advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any
conditions stipulated on an Agency's order form or elsewhere by an Agency or
an Advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
- The Business Advertisement (Disclosure) Order 1977
requires all advertisements by people who seek to sell goods, in the course of
a business, to make that fact clear. It is the responsibility of the
advertiser to comply with the above Order by indicating the fact when
supplying the advertisement.
- PistonHeads reserves the right to publish
advertisements on any of its other websites.
- Refunds will be given if the advert has not gone live on PistonHeads. Adverts are processed 5 days a week- Monday to Friday. Cancellations made after the advert has gone live will not be eligible for any refund. Refunds for any other reason are at the discretion of PistonHeads
- If you have any queries on a refund then please contact us using the details on the following page: Contact Us Here.
- PistonHeads is published by Haymarket Media Group. Registered in England no. 1539034. Registered office: 174 Hammersmith Road, London W6 7JP