1956 GAZ M20 directly from restorer
The history of GAZ-M20 "Pobeda" (transl. "Victory") started in 1943, when the leader of the USSR Stalin decided to create practical, speedy and modern car, which would satisfy all needs of Soviet people. Weighing 1,460 kg (3,219 lb), the Pobeda has 2.1 litre side valvestraight-4 engine producing 55 hp (41 kW). GAZ-M20 was the first Soviet car with a unitized body and the first "wingless" serial production car in the world. After the Second World War "Pobeda" became a symbol of Russian courage and lofty ambitions. The car demonstrated the Industrial Power of the USSR and everybody was proud of it.
it’s also probably the best GAZ-M20 restoration done to date in the world. It’s authentic and better quality than from factory.
Here is a spec list of what took place during 6 years of detailed restoration:
• Factory correct engine and gearbox, completely rebuilt:
◦ Balanced all rotating parts e.g. crankshaft, pistons.
◦ Bored block, new pistons.
◦ Combustion chambers are for 95E octane. No additives are required for gasoline.
◦ New seals, gaskets, bearings and other.
• All original body panels. Sanded and epoxy primed.
• New set of glass and restored window frames with factory correct wood pattern.
• All original re-chromed parts to mirror finish.
• Restored factory correct front and rear suspension.
• All new factory correct exhaust system.
• Balanced driveshaft and installed with new U-joints.
• All new factory correct brake system e.g. shoes, lines, master cylinder. Stops on a dime.
• New wiring with factory correct look.
• New and improved dash trim for better bending resistance to the sun.
• Factory correct radio with additional AUX, Bluetooth, USB and FM.
• Custom restored steering wheel with Maple trim, natural wood.
• Period correct interior trim (40's - 50's cars):
◦ Headliner made from Flannel and Wool
◦ Natural carpet: Sisal, wool and Linen.
◦ Natural fabric.
• Period correct tyres for better drivability.
• Exclusive luggage set handcrafted specifically for this car.
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power 54 bhp
- Torque 90 lbs/ft
- Top speed 105 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 46 s
- Driven wheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy 17.4 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Previous owners1
Reference #10615065 | Trade advert