AUDI 200 AVANT QUATTRO TURBO 1986
Ex John Haynes OBE of Haynes Manuals Fame.
! of 4 on the road! Featured in Classic car Weekly
FURTHER REDUCTION have found new project!
I'm selling my well-loved 1986 200 Avant Quattro Turbo. 130,000 miles, Taxed.New MOT Jan 2021, and in regular use.
This example is one of only four Audi 200 Avant Quattro Turbos still on the road in the UK. Mechanically it is in excellent condition with lots of work done over the past few years and is still used regularly. The exterior has recently been subject to a full respray and thanks to the fully galvanised body no rust was found when the car was prepared. The underside is solid and almost like new thanks to extensive wax treatment over its life.
The wheels where sent away at the same time for full refurbishment and respray in the original colour. Also whilst the car was in the body shop the front seats were removed and taken to upholsterer for repair of the leather bolsters and they now look first class.
Some of you may recognise this car...
• From 1986 to 1999 the car seems to have belonged to a certain John Haynes OBE and was in regular use as attested to by a full set of service stamps to 124,000 miles.
• It was then stood gathering dust in the depths of the Haynes Motor Museum until 2011 when the next owner bought it. And it went to Devon
• Class Car Weekly did a feature on it recently because of its provenance and the passing of Mr Haynes last year.
• The previous owner did some electrical repairs, drove it about 500 miles and then sold it to previous owner in 2013. He was a scientist and had extensive work carried out and used it for European skiing trips.
• He did approx. 6,000 miles, had it serviced regularly and had more restoration work carried out.
I then bought this car from him for sentimental reasons as I have owned one of these some 30 years previously and wanted to revisit what had been my first Quattro and to sit alongside my current urq RR quattro.
As far as price goes, these are Rare and there are currently only 4 on the road! prices are hard to pin down, but they certainly seem to be going up in value at present.
Overbrook recently sold a none runner for £9995! .I have had it revalued post restoration and been advised by a senior qoc member that £15-17k is where I should be insuring it now.
I will however consider any other reasonable offer
MoT to: 01.01.2021
I'm also selling an collections of spares (including a brand new Michelin-man hose, ABS sensor, ABS control unit, rear suspension parts etc. etc.), a set of Bentley manuals (for the US Audi 5000 equivalent) and the original wiring diagrams (in German!). These are not included with the car - if interested please make me an offer.
In more detail:
• Mechanically in good condition with over £5,000 spent on the following work done in the past six years:
• Front suspension and subframe rebuild, Inc. new shocks, lower tie rods, upper ball joints, subframe bushes and engine and gearbox mounts.
• New steering rack.
• Propshaft completely rebuilt and rebalanced by Bailey Morris the prop specialist’s
• New brake master cylinder and hydraulic brake accumulator.
• New fuel pump, fuel accumulator and fuel injectors.
• New cabin heater blower.
• New (exchange) starter motor.
• New rear disks, pads and calliper’s.
• Timing belt replaced.
• Original Audi parts or OE parts from ZF/Lemforder used where available. Rare parts sourced from Germany, USA, France and Slovenia.
• All the 'toys' are currently working (cruise control, trip computer, auto-check system, diff locks, central locking, electric windows, electric mirrors)
• Starts first time, every time, even when it's sub-zero (ignoring flat batteries).
• Currently has an almost new set of Continental WinterContact TS 850 winter tyres.
• Car has had a complete respray as the lacquer had become tired
• Driver’s seat squab was worn through ,hence now reupholstered
• Abs recalibrated by Audi specialist now 100%
• Fitted solar charger New Battery fitted under warranty January 2020
New mot 02.01.2021.
New bonnet seals now fitted
- LayoutFront Engined
- Power 195 bhp
- Driven wheelsAll Wheel Drive - Selected
- Body typeEstate
- Previous owners3
Reference #10626135 | Private advert