TVR Griffith, 5.0 (1996). - REDUCED PRICE
First registered 02/08/1996.
MOT until Oct 2021.
FULL TVR Service History – huge history file documenting ALL servicing and upgrades etc. Servicing carried out at HHC, Northumberland, whilst I have owned it.
Mileage is currently at 81,400. Please do not be put off by the mileage as this car has been maintained to ensure it has had the very best care, by the very best TVR mechanics in the business, and regardless of what it has cost. It’s been used for touring abroad, on a number of occasions.
Paint work is very good indeed, and has been well maintained, being regularly detailed and machine polished. There are a few minor stone chips and these have been touched up as required. To be expected when the car is used and 24 years old. It is as clean underneath as it is on top.
Having owned the car for 10 years now, I have upgraded it to become a very well sorted car, that’s absolutely ‘ready to go and enjoy’. The upgrades have been done to make the car more user friendly and easier to maintain, (such as the moving of the battery and fuse board).
Insurance valuation is £ 30,000. Long term TVR Club member. Probably one of the best Griffiths available.
• Full interior re-trim, full carpet replacement, all new rubber seals, new hood and recover of hard top section. All carried out by D and C Trim at Blackpool.
• Best quality (full) leather – Cream trimmed with green piping and contrasting green / cream stitching. Quilted door cards.
• Windscreen replaced. ( Spare Windscreen available)
Rear view window shape remodelled to allow for better folding of the hood.
• All hood sections, hard top and Surrey roof have been treated with waterproofing fluid. Absolutely NO leaks !
• Hardtop section – interior is trimmed with quilted leather to match the door cards.
• Turned aluminium dashboard.
• All dashboard lighting and backlighting of dials, replaced with LED's
• ‘Bulls-eye’. (Tuscan Style), air vents on the dashboard.
• Leven Technology aluminium switch covers, steering wheel stalks and gear lever surround.
• Mod-wise 'Hot start Kit', (prevents any hot starting issues).
• Oil filler cap and water filler caps replaced with machined caps. ( ‘TVR’ inscribed )
• Rear number plate is lit from behind. This is fitted with LED lighting.
• All rear lights,- indicators, fog light, fitted with LED's ( a lot brighter than standard bulbs)
• Anti-roll bar drop links replaced with better quality than originals.
• 8.5 mm HT leads fitted - high quality leads from a UK manufacturer.
• Heat socks and thermal insulation over spark plugs.
• Alarm and remote boot release system installed. (HF Solutions supplied)
• Odyssey race battery, (located in secure metal box, - behind passenger seat).
• Battery Conditioner and connection that’s easy access.
• Fuse box located behind passenger seat.
• Battery isolator switch.
• 12v socket for sat nav / phone charger.
• Lockable glove compartment.
• Anderson connection.
• Aluminium radiator. I still have the original and fully serviceable radiator as a spare.
• Stainless Mesh radiator grille. An upgrade to the standard ‘chicken wire’ grille.
• CliveF De-catted Y piece. The original catted Y piece is still retained so may be fitted if needed.
• Pre-cats have been removed.
• Stainless exhaust, with cherry bombs.
• Heat shields for exhaust manifolds, made and supplied by CliveF.
• New ignition coil. - Spare Coil available.
• Swirl pot plug replaced with hex-drive plug.
• New electric motor fitted to driver’s door window.
• Fibreon supplied Vented bonnet fitted ( I retain the original bonnet if needed)
• Surrey folding roof - ideal for touring and takes up very little space. 100% waterproof.
• All suspension springs refurbished and repainted. ( red and yellow as per original colours)
• Suspension dampers replaced ( Bilsteins)
• Headlamps upgraded with 7'' Hella lamps. (Carried out at Sportmotive, Stoke on Trent).
• GE Megalight Ultra bulbs fitted to headlamps.
• Roverguage engine management computer lead, & computer disc.
• Wing mirror extension pieces fitted ( allowing the mirrors to fold back into the body)
• New Clutch Master and slave cyinders fitted (May 2019)
• Engine bay exceptionally clean.
• Under bonnet information stickers renewed.
• Rocker covers, vents and water pipes recoated. – Purple TVR colours.
• Chassis is absolutely solid and like new. Paintwork intact. No rust or degradation.
• TVR Bible – Griffith manual.
• Spare Throttle Pot.
• Spare Tyre and cover.
• Spare belt tensioner.
• 2 x brand new front tyres, never used. (Spare)
Private plate not included in the sale. The car will revert back to its original plate.
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Driven wheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Previous owners2
Reference #10798977 | Private advert