1958 Aston Martin DB Mark III
The first Aston Martin saloon to receive the now instantly recognisable Aston Martin grill aperture and the last of the "Feltham" Aston Martin's, the DB Mark III was also the first Aston mentioned in Ian Fleming's James Bond series of books.
With coachwork by Tickford, hand formed in aluminium over a well-developed ladder type chassis, Mark III's are in many ways the end of one era of cars from the great manufacturer and the beginning of another.
Marking the end of the development curve for the series of cars that started with the DB2 in 1950, and sharing the same instrument panel lay out as the DB4, these cars are a link between the end of production at Feltham in London and the beginning of production at Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire.
The car was also the last outing for the W.O.Bentley developed DBA engine, by now increased to 2.9 litres and boasting a claimed 160hp even in standard trim.
DDK 776C is a remarkable car. With continuous history since 1979 and in the same family ownership for most of the time since. She has been lovingly preserved and improved over the years with some excellent upgrades whilst maintaining huge originality.
A rare opportunity to obtain a car with such history.
Same family ownership for the last 39 years
Lovingly restored and upgraded to a very high standard
Recorded in the AMOC register
Engine and gearbox are matching numbers
Triple Webber carburettors
Superb brakes with upgraded servo assistance fitted
Well set up and upgraded suspension. Amazing to drive
Period valve radio still fitted
Original carburettors and many other components retained
A cherished and loved car. This is one of the best driving Feltham Aston’s we have experienced.
- Body typeSaloon
Reference #10834178 | Trade advert