HONDA CIVIC EP3 (MK6) TYPE R- Premier Edition ,1 Previous Owner 2006
For sale is my 2006 Honda Civic, Type R, EP3 in Nighthawk Black (NHB). Having viewed multiple cars during 2018 I settled on buying this one, based on condition and history rather than mileage. The car was purchased as a bone stock, 1 owner example with full Honda service history from Southport Honda and has since been tastefully upgraded and refreshed to an OEM+ level.
All the work has been carried out professionally by Honda or at the renowned Honda specialist- Grinspeed. The K20 private plate will be included in the sale.
• 2006 Honda Civic, Type R, EP3 in Nighthawk Black (NHB), K20A2, 2.0 DOHC I-VTEC
• 111k miles
• Full Honda Service history, documented with all recent receipts from my ownership
• 1 previous owner
• 12 Months MOT
• Premier Edition Specification- Recaro Bucket Seats, Red carpets, front fog lights and A/C
• HPI clear
• 2 sets of keys with Honda key ring & Original Brochure
I have owned thew car for over two years and in that time I have only done around 3,000 miles a year and only drive the car on 99 fuel. It has been a weekend / summer driver and is garage stored when not in use.
The car is close to standard with only a few tasteful modifications - including a Hybrid racing shifter, Tegiwa M air filter, lightened flywheel, Super Pro Bush kit all round and a fast road setup. It also has a new OEM exedy clutch and input/output shaft bearings in the gearbox. The wheels are fully refurbed to the correct colour wearing Goodyear Eagle F1’a all-round. During my ownership the car has had an exterior refresh including bonnet and front/rear end respray to remove stone chips. The car was professionally undersealed by Malton Coachworks with photos to prove/before and after. I have recently treated the back arches and removed the dreaded carpet arch liner as this is a known weak point, again photos are available to prove the condition before and after the works. Over the past two years the car has had over £10,000 spent on various parts and upgrades with receipts to prove.
The car has been meticulously maintained and has never let me down. It has been a no expense spared project and It wants for nothing, VTEC comes in when it should and the drive is truly fantastic. A full book of receipts and documents come with the car, as well as the original standard parts should the new owner wish to return the car to standard.
The genuinely interested will know these are hard to come by in such good condition. Please no time wasters, I am happy to answer any questions anybody has and can be contacted on 07922302359. Reluctant sale – An impending house move and job relocation forces sale, mature owner. Test drives will only be given if you can prove full Comprehensive insurance. No part exchange.
Apologies for the long advert but if your still awake and interested- Keep reading….
Engine & Gearbox
The engine is healthy and smooth running as you would expect from well a looked after engine on stock ECU. VTEC engages as it should and pulls strong without smoke. Same story with the gearbox, healthy and free from any crunches.
• Refreshed wrinkle Red rocker cover from Spooner restorations
• Tegiwa strut brace
• Tegiwa Air Filter
• The cooling system has been overhauled with a Mishimoto radiator, ExOr silicone hoses, Honda Type 2 coolant and OEM thermostat replacement
• Gearbox input and output shaft bearing replacement with Exedy clutch, lightened flywheel and Energy rear engine mount inserts from Grinspeed.
• Exhaust system refreshed with OEM parts, gaskets, bolts etc apart from the centre section which is a Stainless Tonybanks custom exhaust.
• Timing chain replacement along with the valve clearances from Grinspeed
• Hybrid racing shifter- Complete unit
• Starter motor replaced
Suspension & Brakes
The suspension and brakes have been refreshed with a suitable upgrade in ride height and stance. The ride has been much improved with the Eibach progressive springs and the new suspension components. To compliment the new parts the car has had a Fast Road Setup.
• Hardrace droplinks, steering arms, tie rods, track rod ends & JDM anti-roll bar
• Eiback Pro kit, OE KYB Shock absorbers- All corners and OEM Top mounts
• Tegiwa Hubcentric Spacers- 15mm
• Full Superpro bush kit
• Grinspeed fast road setup including Hardrace camber arms and front Eibach camber bolts
• Tegiwa- PAGID Discs and PBS pads - All corners with HEL braided brake lines
Standard premier edition interior in excellent condition with minimal wear. The centre console and door trims have been professionally resprayed in cosmic grey and two sets of mats are included.
• Type R Car Mats- Genuine and summer JDM OEM ‘Red’ mats- Rare
• York Garage- AC Clean, Service and re-charge
• Royal Steering wheels- Re-trim. Perforated Nappa leather on sides, Smooth top/bottom + Red centre stripe, Red stitching & MOMO embroidered emblem
• Tegiwa- Skunk2 Shifter Knob
• Sony double din head-unit
The bodywork is stunning considering it’s now 14 years old with nothing detracting from the general appearance of the car. I am not going to throw the word “immaculate” lightly here like most ads for you to turn up and find imperfections, but the paintwork is in excellent condition and respectable for its age. During my ownership the car has had an exterior refresh including a front end respray to remove stone chips.
• Replacement OEM Honda Projector Headlights & OE foglights with JDM tints
• RAW wheels- Refurb and shotblast OEM wheel and paint calipers
• Malton Coachworks Underseal and Waxoyl
• Minister Dents- Paint less dent removal Whole car
• Climair wind deflectors- Limited Edition
• Paint refresh- Gary Smith- Refinish bonnet, wings, front bumper and grill, rear
bumper, Mugen spoiler and O/S/R wing
• OEM Front and Rear H and Type R grill emblem
Recorded Service History
13/02/2007 – Southport Honda- 11,154 miles
18/03/2008 – Southport Honda- 22,000 miles
20/02/2009 – Southport Honda- 30,352 miles
17/02/2010 – Southport Honda- 38,511 miles
21/03/2011 – Southport Honda- 46,006 miles
27/02/2012 – Southport Honda- 53,182 miles
01/03/2013 – Southport Honda- 62,375 miles
19/03/2014 – Southport Honda- 72,437 miles
28/02/2015 – Southport Honda- 82,096 miles
09/03/2016 – Southport Honda- 90,005 miles
20/03/2017 – Southport Honda- 99,787 miles
11/06/2018 – Selling Dealership- 106,611 miles
27/07/2018 – York Honda- 106,806 miles
28/06/2019 – York Honda- 107,877 miles
26/07/2019 – Grinspeed (Timing chain & valve clearances)- 107,930 miles
26/06/2020 – Grinspeed- 110,901 miles
Thanks for reading!
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power 197 bhp
- Torque 145 lbs/ft
- Top speed 146 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 6.8 s
- Driven wheelsFront Wheel Drive
- Economy 31.7 mpg
- Body typeHatchback
- Emissions 212 (g/km)
- Vehicle height 1,498 mm
- Vehicle width 1,695 mm
- Previous owners1
Reference #10841754 | Private advert