SUPERFORMANCE COBRA 2018
About this car:
In the early 1960s, AC were due to stop production of their sleek and elegant AC Ace when the supply of the Bristol six cylinder engines they were using dried up. Carroll Shelby saw this as an opportunity to marry the light and nimble sports car with some American muscle resulting in the installation of a 289 V8 power plant. And thus the Cobra was born. This little sports car went on to take the racing world by storm and catapult Shelby from being a former racer to successful international constructor and entrant and the rest of the story is very well documented.
The Hi-Tech MKII is built in the same factory as the Superformance Cobras and GT40s as supplied by Le Mans Coupes and is built to the original drawings. So accurate are the cars to the originals that the feature film "Le Mans '66" aka 'Ford Vs Ferrari" used 6 of our MKIIs in the movie.
This car is a one owner car from new and covered under 1000 miles at time of writing since first registration in October 2018.
When driving this car, it really is like stepping back into the 60s. All its mannerisms are period correct only with the added advantage of fuel injection giving better performance through the rev range, better cold start and better fuel economy. The car is wanting for nothing and is such a joy on the roads and would be brilliant fun on the track too. The adjustable shocks mean you can adapt the ride to your preference and the noise it makes as you accelerate down the road is as close to automotive heaven as one can get.
The full spec is below:
• Accurate recreation of the 1963/64 cobra in Left Hand Drive with a composite body finished in Princess Blue.
• Powered by a Ford Racing 302 on injection and driven by a Tremec TKO 5 speed box and the Diff has been upgraded to a ZF.
• The interior is finished in black leather with black carpets and a wood rimmed period Motolita steering wheel.
• This example sits on 15" wire wheels with period style knock on spinners and Avon tyres with plenty of life left in them.
• Stopping comes via the 4 pot Wilwood front brakes and 2 pot rear brakes and you are strapped in with Willans 4 point harnesses.
• For security there is an immobiliser and master switch
• Suspension is transverse leaf as per the originals with adjustable GAZ shock
Other features of the car to note:
Smiths authentic instrumentation
Full rollover bar with forward facing brace
Rear exit straight through pipes - silencers supplied with car.
Soft weather gear and side screens
Period registration number included
3" original style chassis
Adjustable seat slides
This car is located at Le Mans Coupes HQ near Gatwick and available for immediate sale on behalf of the current owner.
Price on Application
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Driven wheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeOther
Reference #11752053 | Trade advert