This bike is number 474 of 500 built to commemorate the World Superbike exploits and championship victories of the Australian and former AMA, BSB and MotoGP rider.
It bears Troy’s signature on the tailpiece too which remains perfectly legible and un-blemished and the whole bike appears to have done the majority of its 10,698 miles on a rolling road in an air-conditioned garage. Presented in excellent condition with immaculate original paint work and all factory accessories.
● #474 of 500 Built
● Homologation Special
● 10,698 Miles
● Carbon components and factory supplied accessories
The 1098R’s 1198cc, 180 hp 90° V-twin Testastretta Evoluzione engine makes 99.1lb ft of torque which at the time of release was the highest torque to weight ratio of any production bike, weighing in at only 165kg. The con rods and larger valves are titanium, the crank lightened, a slipper clutch fitted, rocker arms hardened, cam covers made of magnesium, the heads sand-cast, the pistons lightened; this really is a racing motorcycle and another shining example of Ducati’s ability to make stunning homologation specials having decided to give the 1098R everything it needed in a no-expense spared splurge of technology to ensure WSB success. It worked.
The trend of bearing very little resemblance to the road bike it’s based on is continued with top shelf componentry; progressive linkage with fully adjustable Öhlins TTXR mono-shock with top-out spring, an aluminium single-sided swingarm, altered diameter frame tubes, a magnesium front subframe, aluminium rear subframe, alloy Marchesini wheels, carbon bodywork and Brembo monobloc callipers.
ZDMH702AB9B025163 will be supplied to its new owner with a fresh MOT and manufacturer service.
Ducati Owner’s manual
Ducati Warranty booklet
Ducati Data Analyser
Genuine Ducati Performance paddock stand
Troy Bayliss commemorative plaque
Spare key and code card
1098R Bayliss bike cover
Factory supplied Titanium exhausts and Header pipes
For any additional information, please contact Ed Culwick on 07923 670737 or Paul Bentley on 07766 740 253.
Reference #10415488 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size1,198 cc
- Top speed-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Motorbikes in Bury Saint Edmunds (18)
- Motorbikes in Dartford (6)
- Motorbikes in Grantham (42)
- Motorbikes in Leicester (18)
- Motorbikes in Macclesfield (13)
- Motorbikes in Maidstone (15)
- Motorbikes in Milton Keynes (14)
- Motorbikes in Peterborough (9)
- Motorbikes in Sheffield (62)
- Motorbikes in Wellingborough (7)
- Motorbikes in Wigan (5)
- Motorbikes in East Midlands (77)
- Motorbikes in East of England (35)
- Motorbikes in London (4)
- Motorbikes in North West (27)
- Motorbikes in Northern Ireland (2)
- Motorbikes in Scotland (1)
- Motorbikes in South East (54)
- Motorbikes in South West (9)
- Motorbikes in Wales (1)
- Motorbikes in West Midlands (1)
- Motorbikes in Yorkshire and The Humber (68)
No recent searches