MILEAGE. 17,000 miles with extensive documented service history
– Original service book + all original manuals
– Just had full service inc timing belts and new set of Pirelli tyres fitted
– Numerous service bills/invoices (£5k spend over the past 5 years)
– All keys
ENGINE SIZE. Liquid Cooled L-Twin Testastretta 998cc
TRANSMISSION. 6 speed manual
DRY WEIGHT. 187 kg
136bhp 998cc ‘deep sump’ Testastretta motor
Fully adjustable 43mm dia. Showa forks
Fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock
Fully adjustable Ohlins steering damper
Lightweight Marchesini 5 spoke wheels
The Ducati 998 was the last of the Massimo Tamburini designed 916/996/998 lineage and differed greatly from it’s forebears in utilising the ‘Testastretta’ motor (‘Narrow Head’) enabling a reduced included angle between the valves, this allowing bigger valves, and necessitating significant re-engineering and re-location of one half of the desmodromic valve gear.
In the ‘S’ specification, the motor produced 136 bhp in line with the previous 996 R, which used essentially the same engine. The motor also utilised higher specification materials and had a ‘deep sump’ which naturally made for cooler internal crankcase temperatures.
The rest of the ‘S’ enhancements focused on fully adjustable TiN coated Showa forks with a fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock unit, lighter Marchesini rims, and optional (fitted here) full Termignoni exhaust system, steering damper, quick release fairings and body panels.
PADDOCK STAND INCLUDED IN SALE
- Size998 cc
- Top speed-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, London, United Kingdom
- Motorbikes in Bristol (18)
- Motorbikes in Fleet (2)
- Motorbikes in Grantham (5)
- Motorbikes in Guildford (3)
- Motorbikes in Knaresborough (4)
- Motorbikes in Maidstone (14)
- Motorbikes in Malton (11)
- Motorbikes in Milton Keynes (6)
- Motorbikes in Mortlake (3)
- Motorbikes in Peterborough (4)
- Motorbikes in Wigan (3)
No recent searches