Built for the 1981 Formula 1 season the Lotus 87 was driven by Nigel Mansell and Elio De Angelis. The Lotus 81 was the first Lotus F1 car to be built from Carbon Fibre and also used aluminium to provide additional rigidity to the chassis. This chassis was initially run as the 88 specification (the twin chassis car) but was banned at its first appearance at the British GP as the officials did not agree with Colin Chapman's interpretation of the rules. The cars were hastily converted to 87 specification overnight in order to race.
This particular car was raced by future world Champion Nigel Mansell during his first season of F1
This car is available for sale with Cosworth DFV engine having completed one usage cycle since new, and with new crack test and valid fuel cell certificate.
Also complete with comprehensive spares package this car is eligible for Masters FIA Formula One and Masters HGP in Europe and the USA.
For further information please contact James Hanson at Speedmaster on +44 (0)1937 220360
Reference #7930454 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Motorsport in Ballymoney (1)
- Motorsport in Banbridge (1)
- Motorsport in Bedford (3)
- Motorsport in Bromsgrove (2)
- Motorsport in Gainsborough (2)
- Motorsport in Malton (3)
- Motorsport in Matlock (5)
- Motorsport in Oldham (7)
- Motorsport in Stockport (2)
- Motorsport in Swansea (4)
- Motorsport in West Bromwich (3)
- Motorsport in East Midlands (12)
- Motorsport in East of England (7)
- Motorsport in London (3)
- Motorsport in North West (10)
- Motorsport in Northern Ireland (2)
- Motorsport in Scotland (3)
- Motorsport in South East (11)
- Motorsport in South West (3)
- Motorsport in Wales (9)
- Motorsport in West Midlands (9)
- Motorsport in Yorkshire and The Humber (7)
No recent searches