The most fun you can have on a track.
I am now 61 years old, time to give up the speed and take up golf. (My wife says).
This MX5 has been lovingly kept in a garage all the time I have owned it.
Tracked about 6 times a year at Brands, Castle Combe, Bedford and the like. It runs at 90dB at 4000 revs so good for most tracks.
How fast is it?
Well I don’t know really, on the straight at tracks like Bedford, reaching 115/120mph. (no turbo lag with a BBR Turbo) gets there very quick.
On the road who knows?
This MX is also road legal, just, so you can take the wife out for a Sunday ride!!
No expense spared, I will try and list it all…….. All the below new since I have owned it.
All parts fitted are genuine parts, no aftermarket.
• New hood.
• New door mirrors.
• New window rubber seals.
• New Cobra driver and passenger seats, (on runners, not just bolted to the floor).
• Modified full roll cage, to fit Cobra seats.
• New 4 point harness, driver and passenger.
• Moma steering wheel.
• Rev light indicator and limiter.
• New Drilled and vented disks all round.
• New Green stuff pads.
• Refurbished callipers.
• Steel hoses.
• High pressure brake fluid.
• New Coil over adjustable shocks all round and lowered, so watch the speed humps.
• Engine brace.
• Chassis brace.
• Waterless radiator.
• New front pulley and gearing assembly.
• New water pump.
• Team Dynamics Motorsport light weight Alloys.
• 195/50 Yokohama’s.
• Plus full set of road tyres on alloys.
• Front and rear tow straps.
• Personal BBR number plate.
I know this car is not cheap, but it is rare and a great example. All work carried out by qualified mechanics. No D.I.Y on this car. This car gets checked over before and after every track day by the garage. Regular oil change and brake fluid change. Any questions?
- LayoutFront Engined
- Power175 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Great car! a huge step up from the mini, although i havnt had as much fun in the mazda.
Have only really had one problem so far where i needed part of the exhaust replacing as it had rusted off!! And i am starting to see some bubbles in the sills but i will get the angle grinder out when... Read the full summary
Fun little car, pretty much as it is hyped up to be!
Mine is very basic with only alloy wheels added, so manual windows, plastic rear window, no abs, no power steering. It's unmodified so it has quite a high ride height & soft anti-roll bars.
The heavy controls took a week or... Read the full summary
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Essesx, United Kingdom
- Motorsport in Ballymoney (1)
- Motorsport in Bedford (3)
- Motorsport in Bromsgrove (2)
- Motorsport in Derby (2)
- Motorsport in Gainsborough (2)
- Motorsport in Malton (3)
- Motorsport in Matlock (5)
- Motorsport in Oldham (7)
- Motorsport in Stockport (2)
- Motorsport in Swansea (4)
- Motorsport in West Bromwich (3)
- Motorsport in East Midlands (12)
- Motorsport in East of England (8)
- Motorsport in London (2)
- Motorsport in North West (10)
- Motorsport in Northern Ireland (2)
- Motorsport in Scotland (3)
- Motorsport in South East (11)
- Motorsport in South West (3)
- Motorsport in Wales (9)
- Motorsport in West Midlands (8)
- Motorsport in Yorkshire and The Humber (7)
No recent searches