For those that are new to the brand or have not used your CCB shod cars on track the problem is one of brake wear with some of the 675 boys even suggesting the car is not fit for purpose, for us 12c and 650 owners in round numbers depending on your ability / aggression a set of CCB pads will last you 2 track days, a set of CCB rotors 3 days, I along with others appreciate that if you want to play with big boys toys then you have to expect big bills, well I can maybe live with £1400 for a set of pads (thats almost your yearly service cost for reference) but not the £10,000 cost of rotor replacement.
CCB are fantastic on the road creating little brake dust and look fantastic but seriously costly, originally branded as lasting forever (Porsche mk1 GT2) they clearly do not.
So what are the options if you wish to track ?
Well repeat above costs on a regular basis.
Replacement with Corvette rotors £6000 only and repeat above.
Replacement with Movit rotors and Endless pads at approximately £16,000.
Change entire brake system including calipers to 12c steel set up via eBay £5-6K ? (with the alleged possibility of messing with the ecu brake brain bias)
If I had a 675 I would probably go down the Movit path as percentage value wise its not a big number, for us poor people its not really a viable option to spend £16k on a £100k car.
So my idea was always to have a set of steel rotors that you could just bolt on to the car for track days with the appropriate track pads in std calipers and swap back at the end of the day to CCB for the road.
Original plan was to just replace rotor as a direct fitment to std bell but both weight and fiddling with all those little nuts would have been a nightmare, so we went for new rotor and bell package.
I can now offer a complete kit for track use comprising of Steel (Iron) Rotors, Aluminium Bells, Bobbin pack, fully assembled and complete with a set of Ferodo DS2500 compound pads for £3380
If we can get bulk orders for 10 or more sets then I can negotiate a better price but above is currently for one set.
Replacement pads for this set up are currently:
Replacement Rotors are currently:
Bells will not generally need to be replaced but are available.
So effectively the initial outlay is just over 2 sets of std pads !
I have used on the road and can report that the initial bite is as expected not as aggressive as CCB some may like that.
I have track tested at Brands indy in non ideal slippery conditions am and cold but dry pm and despite being considerably colder than previous outings the car ran within a second of those times.
I can get warm Cup 2 to chirp at the end of the straight, once hot i did not notice any braking difference between this set up and CCB.
The conversion does not throw any warning lights.
The conversion does require the pad sensors to be removed gently from the std pad and cable tied away.
Reference #9171185 | Private
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Kent, United Kingdom
- Used Parts & Accessories in Abingdon (1)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Aylesbury (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Cobham (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Guildford (2)
- Used Parts & Accessories in High Wycombe (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Lyndhurst (5)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Milton Keynes (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Reading (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Slough (2)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Uckfield (3)
- Used Parts & Accessories in Woking (5)
- Parts & Plates in Batley (29)
- Parts & Plates in Bury (4201)
- Parts & Plates in Dorchester (3482)
- Parts & Plates in Melton Mowbray (5807)
- Parts & Plates in Much Wenlock (4163)
- Parts & Plates in Rossendale (3824)
- Parts & Plates in Sheringham (20)
- Parts & Plates in Slough (27)
- Parts & Plates in Wellingborough (20528)
- Parts & Plates in Wigan (2878)
- Parts & Plates in Wimbledon (28)
- Parts & Plates in East Midlands (26343)
- Parts & Plates in East of England (58)
- Parts & Plates in London (98)
- Parts & Plates in North East (33)
- Parts & Plates in North West (10945)
- Parts & Plates in Scotland (15)
- Parts & Plates in South East (124)
- Parts & Plates in South West (3530)
- Parts & Plates in Wales (5)
- Parts & Plates in West Midlands (4186)
- Parts & Plates in Yorkshire and The Humber (56)
No recent searches