***SIMILAR CARS ALWAYS REQUIRED***
AM / FM Radio, Padded dash roll, Heater, Ash tray, Manual windows, Glove box, Oil / Water gauges, Dash mounted chrome rear view mirror.
This Giulietta Spider is a Tipo 101.03 and is a beautiful example presented with a flawless Alfa Rosso exterior. The pretty design begins with a nest of sparkling chrome work featuring a delicately composed grille proudly displaying the Visconti badge. The Giulietta illustrates a smooth and elegant design that is only briefly interrupted by the raised rear quarter haunch with excellent panel fit and finish.
The undercarriage has been sympathetically restored to tally correctly with the outstanding presentation on top.
The two tone cabin has survived remarkably well with the vinyl seats in near perfect order. Carpet set is clean and tidy, with no unsightly marks or tears whilst the padded dash features chromed instrumentation housing a novel oil / water and petrol gauge; a simple yet stylish touch typical of the era.
Door cards remain taught and smooth, home to a glowing selection of chrome handles.
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
Mechanically the car runs smoothly with good oil pressure and temperatures. All gearbox syncros enable trouble free gear changes both up and down ratios, with the action remaining light and easy to use, whilst the engine bay presents brightly with no unsightly corrosion.
Crucially this car retains it’s original and correct engine and gearbox.
WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
The car sits on period correct steel wheels, pleasantly brightened by chrome hub caps featuring the Visconti / Milano badging. Contact patch courtesy of recent Vredestein Sprint tyres.
The drum brakes operate smoothly and pull up the lightweight Spider with a minimum of fuss.
According to Alfa Romeo Automobilisimo Storico, the chassis number AR 169729 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider, manufactured on the 19th July 1961 and sold on the 13th September 1961 in Milan, Italy.This car was manufactured in San Giorgio, just noth of Turin and was first sold just east of there in Milan in 1961. During most of it’s life this Spider remained in and around the regions surrounding Milan and as such has enjoyed a preserved existence in a dry climate.
A full report on the restoration of the underside is present alongside original Italian papers and ownership documentation.
The car is UK registered having been imported from Italy late 2014.
Please visit our website for a full write up and additional photographs.
The car is supplied having had an extensive intake inspection. Warranty, Finance, Part Exchange and Worldwide shipping are all available on request.
Buy with confidence: we operate from a 10,000sq ft indoor showroom with the support of a fully functioning 4000sq ft preparation and service centre that includes a professional photo studio that is used by Top Gear, McLaren and Alpine Stars. We have a passionate team that work incredibly hard to ensure all our motor cars go through our rigorous and unique sales process so they are presented in the best possible condition and light, then found homes all over the world.
Keep up to date: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and instagram. Register on our webpage for the latest stock updates.
** SIMILAR VEHICLES ALWAYS REQUIRED**
Selling? Our commission sale or SOR (Sale or Return) program is a great way to utilise and access our services and facilities while still maximising the return from your vehicle with minimal hassle, If you’d like to take advantage of this then please get in touch for further information. Alternatively If you’d like to move your vehicle on quickly and efficiently with minimal delay then we can make an offer on an outright purchase basis with payment and collection arranged soon after.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,300 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power61 bhp
- Top speed87 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 11 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 1
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used Alfa Romeo in Ascot (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Chichester (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Crawley (9)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Guildford (25)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Milton Keynes (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Portsmouth (13)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Pulborough (4)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Redhill (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Saint Leonards-on-sea (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Tunbridge Wells (14)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Walton-on-Thames (11)
- Used cars in Bristol (2363)
- Used cars in Derby (1607)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2272)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5520)
- Used cars in Leeds (2542)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1615)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1849)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1627)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1610)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1816)
- Used cars in York (1604)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12728)
- Used cars in East of England (15226)
- Used cars in London (5193)
- Used cars in North East (7359)
- Used cars in North West (18541)
- Used cars in Scotland (21538)
- Used cars in South East (22084)
- Used cars in South West (10644)
- Used cars in Wales (4661)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10893)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17208)
No recent searches