Alfa’s classic twin-cam four was downsized to 1,290ccc for the 750-Series Giulietta, gaining an alloy cylinder block in the process. The Sprint coupé was soon joined by Berlina and Spider versions, the latter styled by Pininfarina and built on a slightly shorter wheelbase. The Giulietta family’s success surprised even Alfa themselves; production targets were revised upwards and to satisfy demands for increased performance, upgraded Veloce versions of the Sprint and Spider were introduced. The combination of a rev-happy engine, fine-handling, responsive chassis and excellent brakes make the Giulietta Sprint a driver’s car par excellence and explains why these stylish Alfa Romeos continue to attract the discerning enthusiast today.
The Giulietta Sprint on offer today is presented in Alfa racing red with a blue and white racing stripe and yellow undercarriage has taken part in hill climbs, sprints and road rallies for over thirty years competing in Vernasca Silver Flag, Gran Premio Nuvolari and many other Italian events and more recently at the Crystal Palace Sprint and Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb.
The car has had major work carried out over the last ten years including: brakes, suspension, bodywork and a full engine rebuild by Paul Nash Racing in 2014. The engine is from a TI, and was modified earlier in its life to accommodate some Velocé and other performance parts, it currently runs with a single Solex carb.
It is a 101 model from 1959/60, and fully road registered for UK with current MOT.
There is a full rollcage, fuel cell, 123 distributor, TZ replica alloys, Cobra rally seats and a beautiful Nardi steering wheel from a Giulietta SS.
The car was part of the Auto Storiche SportItalia Team during the 1990’s, previously owned and raced by Marco Bodini (Son of Alceste Bodini, the Techno works driver of 1970’s). It was first issued with FIA/FIVA papers in the late 1980’s, however these are not current. The car is also said to have competed in one of the early Mille Miglia retrospectives. A stunning car and sure to be a strong investment, this Giulietta Sprint represents great value for money.
View this vehicle on our website
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 5,489 miles
- 180 bhp
- 6,027 miles
- 177 bhp
- Used Alfa Romeo in Barnsley (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Dewsbury (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Huddersfield (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Hull (14)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Leeds (18)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Richmond (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Ripon (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Rotherham (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Selby (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Sheffield (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in York (5)
- Used cars in Bristol (2179)
- Used cars in Derby (1626)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2342)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5590)
- Used cars in Leeds (2484)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1599)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1843)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1615)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1601)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1800)
- Used cars in York (1595)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12613)
- Used cars in East of England (15261)
- Used cars in London (5193)
- Used cars in North East (7321)
- Used cars in North West (18450)
- Used cars in Scotland (21793)
- Used cars in South East (21982)
- Used cars in South West (10450)
- Used cars in Wales (4611)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10960)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17030)
No recent searches