Right Hand Drive (Italian Built)
Original Colour of Biancospino (White) with contrasting Black interior
It's had nearly £6000 spent in the last 3 months, including:
Full Engine service inc all fluids replaced (Engine oil, Rear Diff, Coolant, Brake Fluid, Gearbox etc), New plugs, Leads, filters, battery etc.
Complete brake overhaul, including new servos, master cylinder, front and rear discs and pads and brake lines
New Exhaust system
New Wheels (GTA 7x14")
New Tyres (After considerably research, the Vredestein Sporttrac 5's were chosen because of their performance, look, and that they are H Rated - difficult to find in this size)
Complete Suspension overhaul, with Koni Red shocks, Sports Springs (lowered), Larger front anti Roll Bar, Removed Rear anti roll bar, new Bushes. Full suspension GEO set up.
The interior is largely original, bar retrimmed seats. It also has the original and rare Hellebore steering wheel. Fortunately, the dash has not had a hole made for a radio too!
This car is so easy to work on, and parts are so easily available (Classic Alfa/Alfaholics/Veloce Sport).
MOT'd recently with no advisories - last years advisories were ticked off.
Zero tax to pay (classic car category) and cheap to insure via a classic car policy.
It has been nothing but sheer joy driving this car, I have done over a thousand miles this year and it has never skipped a beat, it only gets positive attention, people talk about it, take pictures of it, and smile at it. It is so much fun to drive and keeps up with modern traffic with ease. It makes a lovely deep raspy noise and the suspension improvements make it handles so well.
I thoroughly encourage any viewing/inspection, but please do bear in mind this car is 51 years old.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,800 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Acutally my wife's car... she liked the GTV, I insisted on the V6.
Not too unreliable, only stranded me once (AFM went), and it did drop all the brake/clutch fluid when the slave cylnder went while it was parked up. Oddly the mileage reset to zero when I washed a load of mud off from... Read the full summary
Like Jeremy Clarkson says, every true petrol head must have owned an Alfa at some time. I've had this for thirteen years. And yes it's had the most bizarre faults. Suspension rebuild within 3,000 miles, failed wiper motor, non functioning fuel gauge, nuts and washers ending up in the foot wells... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
SummaryView members blog entries about this car
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Total Running Costs||£0||£0|
Road Tests & Reviews
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Ascot, United Kingdom
- Used Alfa Romeo in Abingdon (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Alton (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Banbury (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Chipping Norton (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Dorking (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Guildford (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Horsham (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Kidlington (4)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Slough (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Wantage (2)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Warlingham (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1228)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1608)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1271)
- Used cars in Derby (1172)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1136)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1375)
- Used cars in Leeds (2040)
- Used cars in Leicester (1311)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1235)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1738)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1146)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9549)
- Used cars in East of England (11823)
- Used cars in London (3879)
- Used cars in North East (5062)
- Used cars in North West (10906)
- Used cars in Scotland (6491)
- Used cars in South East (13367)
- Used cars in South West (7715)
- Used cars in Wales (4802)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8350)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11703)
No recent searches