According to Alfa Romeo Automobilisimo Storico, chassis number AR 1495.10039 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Normale, manufactured on the 18th May 1960 and sold on the 14th July 1960 to Alfa Romeo UK. The body colour Celeste blue AR301 with black interiors. Originally supplied with a Pininfarina steel hardtop, which it retains today.
This is a very rare Spider, being an original UK supplied 1960 transition model. Purchased in 1977 by it's second owner Linden Purvis, who was one of the founding members of The Giulietta Register, he owned his Spider until circa 2010.
The next owner was Alfaholics founder Richard Banks who kept it for a number of years in it's original condition.
This beautiful Giulietta Spider is now restoration fresh, following a nut and bolt restoration to the highest standards This represents a great opportunity to own a matching numbers, original colours, ultra rare UK car with well know and great owner heritage. It is also one of, if not the, most beautiful colours for the already beautiful Giulietta Spider, please call for further details
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,300 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 4
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
3.0 V6 with 2.5 crank and cams. GT2871R turbo. 335 bhp / 420 Nm limited torque because of drivetrain. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Glorious engine noise, pulls smoothly and quickly from low revs.
Front heavy, and can be tricky in the wet.
Read the full summary
Restored by Bell and Colville 20 years ago. Had major engine upgrade by Ricky Gauld last summer. Sounds great! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Total Running Costs||£0||£0|
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used Alfa Romeo in Ascot (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Chichester (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Crawley (9)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Guildford (25)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Milton Keynes (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Portsmouth (13)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Pulborough (4)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Redhill (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Saint Leonards-on-sea (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Tunbridge Wells (14)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Walton-on-Thames (11)
- Used cars in Bristol (2363)
- Used cars in Derby (1614)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2281)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5510)
- Used cars in Leeds (2518)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1611)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1862)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1631)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1607)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1818)
- Used cars in York (1603)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12748)
- Used cars in East of England (15214)
- Used cars in London (5184)
- Used cars in North East (7366)
- Used cars in North West (18532)
- Used cars in Scotland (21541)
- Used cars in South East (22065)
- Used cars in South West (10655)
- Used cars in Wales (4662)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10972)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17194)
No recent searches