Over the years, he has seen reproductions or replicas of Aston Martins but felt that they lost something in their delivery – he felt that DB3S and Zagato replicas based on V8’s and using modern materials had little appeal.
And so developed the concept, in his own words, “A DB3 Sanction II” - a genuine Evocation based on a contemporary platform and executed with appropriate materials.
That platform is a DB2/4 chassis, sandblasted, stripped, zinc primed and powder coated – its front and rear axles and suspension have been rebuilt with new bushes, gaskets, rubbers and bearings. Rear telescopic shock absorber kit was fitted lowering the rear of the car and fitting special torsion bar in the front axle. In addition, front and rear fitment of special new rally springs.
New front disc brake kit for a DB Mark III was fitted together with new brake lines and a modern master cylinder. New rear shoes were fitted and Aeroquip hoses fitted front and rear. A racing pedal box together with a special chrome handbrake system and cable completed the specification.
She is powered by a 3 litre engine rebuilt with new pistons and liners with a rebuilt dynamo and rebuilt distributor with new points. The traditional is served by an original DB3 oil filling system but modern reliability served by a new modern quick starter motor and as a nod to its heritage, there are racing plug leads and a racing oil catch system. That drives through a fully rebuilt 4 speed gearbox with new synchros, hubs and gaskets and new gearbox silentbloc. A DB5 clutch system and plate complimented the conversion of the system to a Mark III hydraulic clutch with aeroquip hose.
Comfort is assured with two tan leather trimmed bucket seats with harnesses and the view is through a racing alloy and perspex screen. Some considerable additional weather protection is afforded by a tailored mohair tonneau cover fixed with chrome fittings and featuring a full length centre zipper. Instruments include original speedometer and tachometer, a racing safety cut off switch, period mirrors and switchgear.
This car was based on an original DB2/4 chassis which is longer than the original’s space frame. Too often, this difference would be allowed for with overhangs with the car losing the purity of proportion of the original. Not so in this case – the hand built alloy body was crafted “losing” the surplus length of chassis in the cockpit doors meaning that the car makes no compromise in its aesthetics and certainly none in the craftsmanship of its production.
Painted in British Racing Green, the car was built for the touring enthusiast, the boot is capacious and lockable with the spare wheel secured. The final touches are shown with period external hinges to the doors presenting a true Recreation – you can understand why it was called a Sanction II by its enthusiastic builder.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 2,000 miles
- 681 bhp
- Semi Automatic
- 3,800 miles
- 100 miles
- 141 bhp
- Used Aston Martin in Amersham (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Chertsey (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Chichester (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Guildford (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Milton Keynes (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Olney (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Reading (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Sevenoaks (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Slough (16)
- Used Aston Martin in Tadworth (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Walton-on-Thames (21)
- Used cars in Bristol (2045)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1492)
- Used cars in Derby (1591)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2198)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5219)
- Used cars in Leeds (2363)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1540)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1761)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1512)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1682)
- Used cars in York (1515)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12125)
- Used cars in East of England (14056)
- Used cars in London (4953)
- Used cars in North East (7103)
- Used cars in North West (17432)
- Used cars in Scotland (20217)
- Used cars in South East (21020)
- Used cars in South West (9706)
- Used cars in Wales (4296)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10075)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (16250)
No recent searches