In the early 1990’s, Lionel Greenslade had decided to treat himself to a new Aston Martin and chose the newest model, a DB7- cutting edge design from Ian McCallum produced in Aston Martin’s newest factory.
Part of the order process was a personal invitation to visit Aston Martin at Newport Pagnell and during his tour he was distracted by the noise from the factory body shop and was mesmerised by the traditional construction of the aluminium bodies of the hand built Aston Martins. As a result, he changed his order from the DB7 to the very best of the traditional cars, the V8 Coupe Limited Edition that had the added bonus of rarity as his was one of just 10 cars planned, and in fact only 9 were built.
On behalf of the first owner, Byron International sold the car to the current (second owner) in 2011 and when they met, Lionel said that the car had never been out in the wet – he then hesitated and corrected himself remembering the one occasion when returning from an MOT, he had been caught by a sudden shower.
Such statements are commonplace in classified advertising. But when he returned the car to Stratstones of Wilmslow for its next scheduled service, the current owner engaged in conversation with the Service Manager, Keith who knew the car and the previous owner well. He confirmed that on a number of occasions, Lionel would book his car in for service and then phone on the day to postpone if the weather was not good enough.
A further reflection of Mr Greenslade’s approach was that, having ordered embroidered Aston Martin over mats for the car, he then purchased additional plain mats lay over the Aston Martin mats to protect them!
As for the low mileage and originality of the car – look no further than the under bonnet area. By design, the airbox intakes are covered in a thin layer of protected foam rubber – you won’t see this very often because the heat of the engine and general use sees these protective covers harden and disintegrate, never to be renewed. This engine sports its original specification with those covers intact. In fact the whole car has that patina of originality that cannot be reproduced by restoration or a tin of polish – the exception being the wheels, because they have been refurbished as part of the essential maintenance of the car.
And it was a reflection of respect for the care and attention this car had received under Mr Greenslade’s stewardship that the current owner has maintained the same fastidious approach including choosing to keep the servicing at Stratstones of Wilmslow to ensure continuity of care. He has presented the car with a full set of books for the car, the tool kit is complete and includes gloves, the service history file includes every tax disc and he has even left the original number plates and rear window sticker identifying the supplying dealer.
So for the collector, the most apt description for this superlative V8 Coupe Limited Edition is summed up in the title of the Palawan Press book that is included in the sale - “Aston Martin the Compleat Car”.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size5,300 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height1,320 mm
- Vehicle width1,856 mm
Previous Owners 2
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used Aston Martin in Banbury (7)
- Used Aston Martin in Chertsey (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Chichester (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Guildford (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Milton Keynes (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Olney (12)
- Used Aston Martin in Reading (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Sevenoaks (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Slough (16)
- Used Aston Martin in Tadworth (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Walton-on-Thames (20)
- Used cars in Bristol (2224)
- Used cars in Derby (1669)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2346)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5603)
- Used cars in Leeds (2486)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1603)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1856)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1621)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1604)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1805)
- Used cars in York (1596)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12724)
- Used cars in East of England (15240)
- Used cars in London (5184)
- Used cars in North East (7335)
- Used cars in North West (18488)
- Used cars in Scotland (21774)
- Used cars in South East (21990)
- Used cars in South West (10510)
- Used cars in Wales (4623)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10977)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17094)
No recent searches