The DB4GT differs significantly from the production DB4, in having a shorter wheelbase and a competition developed engine amongst other improvements. The improved power to weight ratio of the DB4 GT, proved competitive in period when pitched against contemporary Ferrari and Jaguar competition models, campaigned in International Sportscar racing. Driven by luminaries Stirling Moss, Jim Clark, Innes Ireland and many other legendary drivers, the DB4GT set a new bench mark for Aston Martins, competing from the front of the grid. Homologated in period for International Sports Car Racing, a number of DB4GTs are now successfully campaigned in prestigious historic races, including the Classic Le Mans and Goodwood Revival meetings.
Chassis 0157/R, the car we are proud to offer was built and delivered to its first owner in 1961, unusually fitted with occasional rear seats and finished in Dubonnet Rosso. Reportedly owned for a short period in 1962 by legendary comedy actor Peter Sellers, 0157/R subsequently became the ‘star car’ featuring in the 1963 British film 'The Wrong Arm of the Law’, featuring Peter Sellers himself. Whilst filming, the car was returned to Aston Martin with a damaged engine and rebuilt with a new block to 4.0 litre capacity, which remains installed. After immortalisation on celluloid, 0157/R was driven in a limited number of UK club events in the hands of its next owner, before relocating with the next owner to New Zealand in 1985.
Returning to the UK in the late 1990s, 0157/R was entrusted to well-known UK marque specialists for a complete ‘body off’ restoration by new enthusiast owner Kevin Regan, being completed in 2003. Featured in Octane magazine, November 2003 issue, when pitched against a Ferrari 250 SWB, this superb car has since been part of an extensive UK based Aston Martin collection. Professionally housed and occasionally driven on weekends, whilst being regularly attended and serviced.
With just 75 DB4GT constructed and well chronicled in various AMOC journals including ‘The Aston Martin DB4GT', published by Palawan Press, the DB4GT's place in the pantheon of historic sports racing cars is clearly defined and we are delighted, to bring to market this exceptional example.
Complete with it's interesting and well chronicled history, supported with a comprehensive history file containing build records, early factory service records, a Heritage certificate, maintenance invoices and a photo record, of the restoration and detailed historic dossier of 0157/R, conducted by Aston Martin historian and author Steven Archer.
A video of the cra can be viewed either on our own webiste or on our YouTube channel, nicholasmeeco
View this vehicle on our website
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 5
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Nicholas Mee & Co Ltd
- Used Aston Martin in Brentwood (17)
- Used Aston Martin in Cambridge (24)
- Used Aston Martin in Chelmsford (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Hatfield (23)
- Used Aston Martin in Hemel Hempstead (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Kings Langley (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Rickmansworth (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Southend-on-Sea (4)
- Used Aston Martin in St Albans (7)
- Used Aston Martin in Stansted (5)
- Used Aston Martin in Welwyn Garden City (18)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1206)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1440)
- Used cars in Derby (1323)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1193)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1586)
- Used cars in Leeds (1764)
- Used cars in Leicester (1263)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1234)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1762)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1441)
- Used cars in Stockport (1160)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10203)
- Used cars in East of England (9802)
- Used cars in London (3308)
- Used cars in North East (5727)
- Used cars in North West (11292)
- Used cars in Scotland (7212)
- Used cars in South East (14180)
- Used cars in South West (8447)
- Used cars in Wales (4969)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10183)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12679)
No recent searches