One of approximately 60 Left-Hand Drive Manufactured: Fitted with SS Engine
One of the Finest Restorations of a DB4 with Additional Enhancements Completed by Aston Martin Works Service, Newport Pagnell.
The DB4 was launched at the 1958 London Motor Show to a sensational debut: the factory-made substantial changes with the introduction to the DB4 making the driving much more pleasurable than the previous model with much improved handling and better driving characteristics. Bodywork was designed by Touring and the building retained the “Superleggera” process of a steel tube frame with an all-aluminium body.
The DB4 was a major success for Aston Martin and without doubt this model is regarded by motoring experts as an iconic motorcar and probably the best sport car of its era. From April 1961 yet more significant changes were made to the DB4 when the Series lll variant was introduced. These cars are quite difficult to distinguish from the front view from the earlier cars as they continue to feature the same 'egg box' grille and tall bonnet air intake.
Most of the updates for the Series lll are hidden from view, such as five windscreen demister vents instead of three, twin bonnet stays and an electric tachometer. The principle external change is to the rear light clusters which are the only noticeable change in appearance from the earlier cars. Instead of the cathedral rear lights, a polished plate houses the separate indicator, rear/brake light and a red reflector lenses each on heavy polished chrome bases.
With only 165 examples (of which approximately 60 were LHD) built during 1961, the Series lll is one of the rarest of the DB4 saloons produced. Our car was supplied new by Société Nouvelle du Garage Mirabeau, Paris on the 3rd July 1961 to M. Carmine De Biase of Marsellie.
The Restoration Project
The intention of this restoration was to fully restore the car to a ‘better than new factory finish,
but also, to make improvements to enhance its usability in modern traffic conditions, driver comfort and refinements for the new style of ownership.
Another prime requirement was to bring the Aston Martin up to a level in keeping with the
“Car for Life” programme introduced by Aston Martin Works Service, by using the
knowledge of the past with the benefits of the future which takes the pleasurable drive to an
even higher standard; thus, the owner of the vehicle will benefit by enjoying the most
comfortable, reliable, enjoyable and of course, exhilarating driving experience.
The philosophy whilst undertaking the restoration is to bring the vehicle up to the highest
standards whilst lengthening its life and above all, maintaining the originality of the vehicle.
The total restoration consisted of:
• Body, Paint and Chassis
• Interior Trim
• Engine, Transmission & Axle
• Exhaust System
• Brakes, Suspension & Steering
• Wheels & Tyres
• Options & Extras with Unique Special Features
Accompanying the car is a highly detailed 41-page restoration document both in words and pictures presenting the time line of works. As you would expect from a restoration with upgrades completed by the world-renowned Aston Martin Works Service, our DB4 Series lll Coupe, is truly sensational and could only be appreciated, by a personal inspection.
Reference #10257258 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Aston Martin in City of Westminster (5)
- Used Aston Martin in East Finchley (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Hammersmith (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Kilburn (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Notting Hill (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Shepherds Bush (9)
- Used Aston Martin in South Kensington (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Teddington (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Uxbridge (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Wandsworth (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Whetstone (1)
- Used cars in Blackburn (961)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1422)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1182)
- Used cars in Derby (1038)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1354)
- Used cars in Guildford (954)
- Used cars in Leeds (1178)
- Used cars in Leicester (1469)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1506)
- Used cars in Preston (915)
- Used cars in Swindon (929)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8434)
- Used cars in East of England (11018)
- Used cars in London (4951)
- Used cars in North East (4174)
- Used cars in North West (12462)
- Used cars in Scotland (5916)
- Used cars in South East (14015)
- Used cars in South West (6291)
- Used cars in Wales (4302)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7488)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (8995)
No recent searches