We are delighted to offer for sale this stunning DB6 Mk1.
Originally delivered to Lazenby Garages Ltd on the 8th June 1967 in striking Autumn Gold with black leather interior, this particular MK1 has been subject to an extensive and sympathetic restoration here at Aston Workshop.
The meticulous restoration retained as much of the Aston’s originality as possible, while addressing any issues picked up during its 52 year life.
While in the custody of Aston Workshop the DB6 has been used and driven to represent the company at many classic car events, including The Goodwood Revival and the Techno Classica in Germany.
These "run outs" allowed us to iron out any snags or issues, meaning this particular Aston is ready to be enjoyed and used in whatever way the new owner wishes.
The result of our road testing was a very reliable and fun to drive Aston; however, the bodywork didn’t show the DB6 to be the great car it was mechanically, so a decision was made to restore the body.
During the restoration process, this iconic Aston Martin was stripped back to a bare shell to allow all areas of the DB6 to be inspected and rectified where necessary. The body was taken back to bare metal, repaired where required, and then refinished to our highest standard in its factory colour scheme.
The mechanicals were removed and given a full overhaul before being refitted with the freshly restored body and chassis.
Although many original features have been retained, for instance, the hydraulic PAS and period radio, the original automatic transmission has been upgraded to a modern 5-speed, making it an absolute pleasure to drive in all conditions.
The original 3.9 matching number engine was in excellent shape, as it had recently received a cylinder head overhaul to unleaded specification.
The result is a beautiful, completely authentic DB6 MK1, restored to its former glory and ready to be enjoyed for many years to come.
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Always wanted on everything and two years of searching are over. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Total Running Costs||£31,822||£25,458|
OAY 555F is a full lightweight racing car as from 1996 when it was prepared as a racer by my company It has been racing regularly with AMOC ever since. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Aston Workshop
- Used Aston Martin in Chester le Street (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Hexham (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Newcastle upon Tyne (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Stanley (34)
- Used Aston Martin in Stocksfield (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Sunderland (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Wallsend (24)
- Used cars in Bristol (1129)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1598)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1175)
- Used cars in Derby (1129)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1196)
- Used cars in Leeds (1723)
- Used cars in Leicester (1186)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1215)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1430)
- Used cars in Reading (1080)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1057)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8775)
- Used cars in East of England (10564)
- Used cars in London (3734)
- Used cars in North East (4294)
- Used cars in North West (10201)
- Used cars in Scotland (5686)
- Used cars in South East (13424)
- Used cars in South West (6903)
- Used cars in Wales (4604)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8295)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9864)
No recent searches