• Chassis number; D B 6 3 1 6 4 R
• Manual transmission
• Odometer reading 72,000
• 2 family owner car
An excellent opportunity to acquire an 2 owner and lovingly kept manual DB6, the final iteration of David Brown’s coveted ‘DB’ six-cylinder sports saloons, and thus considered by many to be the last 'real' Aston.
The DB6, introduced in 1965, was an altogether more developed and refined machine than its famous predecessor and boasted rear seats which could actually be used courtesy of a longer wheel base and more-raked windscreen, raised roofline and reshaped rear quarter windows.
The major visual change over the DB5 is at the rear where a Kamm-style tail improved the aerodynamics and greatly enhanced stability at high speeds.
"The tail lip halves the aerodynamic lift around maximum speed and brings in its train greater headroom and more luggage space," revealed Motor magazine, concluding that the DB6 was one of the finest sports cars it had tested. "The DB6 with its longer wheelbase and better headroom makes an Aston Martin available to the far wider four-seater market, and the design is in every way superior to the previous model. A purist might have thought that the longer wheelbase would affect the near-perfect balance of the DB5, but if anything the DB6 is better."
This particular example is a manual 1967 model year car and specified new with power steering, chromed wheels & 3 ear hub spinners; heated rear screen, 2 lap and diagonal safety belts, a Motorola radio and powered aerial.
This car was purchased by its second custodian, the renowned aerial photographer Arthur Gibson, in the 70’s and has remained in his family ever since.
A signed print of perhaps Arthur’s most famous image - Concord flying in close formation with the Red Arrows aligned with the Queen Elizabeth 2 in 1985 - accompanies the car.
We have had the pleasure of looking after this DB6 since 2010 and in 2014 undertook signification mechanical works to enhance the car including: unleaded cylinder head conversion; a new clutch + flywheel; new fuel pump; replacement chrome wire wheels + tyres and overhaul operations on the brake, steering and suspension systems.
The car has had minimal use since our involvement and is always properly stored. She is thus ready to be driven and enjoyed.
A rare chance to acquire a superbly maintained, low owner and much loved DB6 with a significant history file and ready for immediate use.
Reference #10584377 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size4,000 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
- Used Aston Martin in Brentwood (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Chelmsford (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Hatfield (27)
- Used Aston Martin in Hemel Hempstead (16)
- Used Aston Martin in Hitchin (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Norwich (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Rickmansworth (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Romford (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Southend-on-Sea (4)
- Used Aston Martin in St Albans (5)
- Used Aston Martin in Stansted (4)
- Used cars in Blackburn (972)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1424)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1183)
- Used cars in Derby (1066)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1306)
- Used cars in Guildford (942)
- Used cars in Leeds (1212)
- Used cars in Leicester (1486)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1510)
- Used cars in Preston (937)
- Used cars in Swindon (961)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8577)
- Used cars in East of England (10989)
- Used cars in London (4987)
- Used cars in North East (4254)
- Used cars in North West (12536)
- Used cars in Scotland (5832)
- Used cars in South East (14159)
- Used cars in South West (6389)
- Used cars in Wales (4278)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7506)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9069)
No recent searches