Delivered new to Charles Hurst Aston Martin, Belfast in 1974, 1 of just 967 Series 3 examples produced, the Aston Martin V8 hosts a handful of factory extras including: Electric Sunroof, Headlamp Wipers, Over Riders, Side Reapers, Side Marker Lights, Rear Fog Lights, Air Conditioning and Lockable Centre Armrest. Accompanied with a comprehensive history file highlighting one of the early owners to be Mr Robinson of Lutterworth, Leics around 1982. Mr Robinson kept a detailed maintenance record throughout his ownership which also records, in mid-1986, a full body respray from the car factory Imperial Blue to Metallic Green.
Believed to have changed hands early in 2000, the V8 entered ownership of Mr D Walker of Walker Executive Coaches. Mr Walker continued consistent maintenance on the car which also included fitting new stainless-steel exhaust manifolds in 2001. The accompanying history file features numerous invoices and completed work receipts made out to both Mr D Walker and Mr G Walker up till 2016. The file also includes a V5 stating registration to Mr G Walker in 2012.
2017 saw the V8 enter the hands of Mr Hammond who immediately set out addressing the Astons wear and tear issues. The car was treated to new carpets, re-chromed bumpers, new windscreen, new window and door rubbers, refurbished wheels and rust proofing. In September the same year the V8 underwent a full body respray to take this 70’s sports car classic back Imperial Blue colour, while also repairing the original Cream interior, all to the tune of just over £8000.
Supplied with a complete history folder featuring consistent recorded MOT certificates dating back to 1984 and an original service book containing 22 stamps from Kensington-based independent marque specialist, Ian Mason starting in 1982.
The V8 displays an impressive solid and original body due to meticulously being maintained throughout its life and its recent rust-proofing treatment. After receiving a full respray less than 2 years ago, the Aston Martins ‘Imperial Blue’ paintwork and chrome brightwork is in superb condition, with no visible motoring marks. Its clear by the quality of the overall look of the Aston Martin that no expensive has been spared in its restoration.
The Aston’s look is completed with recently reupholstered original Cream leather seats and a mixture of leather and material trim. The Series 3 features to 2 leather rear seats accessible via dropping forward the front seating. Welcomed by a luxurious designed dash, with its immaculate condition instrument cluster chrome bezels, unmarked dial glass, factory black dash and a factory style 3 spoke steering wheel. Showing slight wear the steering wheel fits perfectly in your hands for that ideal driving experience.
Leaving the factory with a handful of upgrades, the Aston Martin is presented with a fully functional electric sunroof which retracts a roof panel back into the head lining without disrupting the overall sporty look of the V8.
Pop the bonnet of the Aston Martin to reveal its sound running 5340cc V8 with Quad Twin Choke 42mm Webbers producing 310 horsepower reaching 60 mph in around 5.7 second with its 5-speed manual transmission. The V8 slides between gears without any noise, offering a highly response and solid drive on both winding country lanes and long straight motorways.
Interested in owning this 70’s luxurious sports car, please inquire by phone or email. We are more than happy to welcome any serious buyers to our premises to view the car in its current state and to view our professional in house facilities.
Reference #10535673 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Aston Martin in Ascot (7)
- Used Aston Martin in Chipping Norton (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Guildford (7)
- Used Aston Martin in High Wycombe (8)
- Used Aston Martin in Horsham (7)
- Used Aston Martin in Lewes (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Milton Keynes (14)
- Used Aston Martin in Newport Pagnell (35)
- Used Aston Martin in Reading (11)
- Used Aston Martin in Slough (38)
- Used Aston Martin in Walton-on-Thames (21)
- Used cars in Bedford (917)
- Used cars in Blackburn (913)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1350)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1252)
- Used cars in Derby (1077)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1177)
- Used cars in Guildford (920)
- Used cars in Leeds (1169)
- Used cars in Leicester (1357)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1495)
- Used cars in Preston (901)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8370)
- Used cars in East of England (10842)
- Used cars in London (5015)
- Used cars in North East (4048)
- Used cars in North West (12077)
- Used cars in Scotland (5463)
- Used cars in South East (14009)
- Used cars in South West (6291)
- Used cars in Wales (4277)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7423)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (8887)
No recent searches