Chassis no: 122301
Registration: GK 6376
Right from the moment of its launch in 1922, the Austin Seven was an unprecedented success that not only saved Austin but wiped out most other small cars and cyclecars of the early 1920s.
Simply yet brilliantly engineered by Herbert Austin and his young protégé, Stanley Edge, at Austin’s home, it quite literally put Britain on the road. Occupying barely more tarmac than a motorcycle and sidecar, the Seven still managed to squeeze in all the comforts of a family saloon and boasted such luxuries as four-wheel drum brakes and (from 1924) an electric starter.
Built around an A-frame leaf-sprung chassis and powered by a 10hp 747cc four-cylinder side-valve engine, it had transverse-leaf spring suspension at the front and quarter-elliptics to the rear. Available in numerous different body styles, it remained in production until 1939. Uncomplicated, huge fun to drive and bursting with character, this miniature masterpiece has long been the backbone of the vintage car movement.
This particular Seven is a rare lightweight RK saloon of which few were made between 1928 and 1930, available with either aluminium or fabric bodywork. First registered in Plymouth in October 1929, the car remained in Devon for the next 80 years although it apparently spent the last 50 of them in storage.
This charming and rare fabric bodied vintage Austin 7 has been the subject of a major body-off restoration some five years ago, as a result she is offerered in excellent condition.
Mechanically she is also great, and has benefitted by a recent major service by our workshops, currently in our showrooms and ready to go.
A gallery of large high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9691928 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size900 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
SummaryView members blog entries about this car
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Total Running Costs||£0||£0|
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Vintage & Prestige Classic Cars Ltd.
- Used cars in Bristol (1186)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1204)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1313)
- Used cars in Derby (1147)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1119)
- Used cars in Leeds (1569)
- Used cars in Leicester (1153)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1230)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1435)
- Used cars in Reading (1151)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1016)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8624)
- Used cars in East of England (10571)
- Used cars in London (3680)
- Used cars in North East (4553)
- Used cars in North West (9695)
- Used cars in Scotland (5351)
- Used cars in South East (12960)
- Used cars in South West (7042)
- Used cars in Wales (4367)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8186)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9588)
No recent searches