Registration: BF 5058
Chassis no: RC989
4 ½ Block no: 1321 (originally supercharged)
BF 5058 was completely rebuilt by D.H.Day in 2009 to the owners specification which is listed below:
Chassis number RC989 (J.Ghosh) was used with original front axle 457, rear axle casing (PL3489) and rear axle nosepiece (HB3421), original halfshafts, A-Type gearbox (376) fitted with original gears and new bearings. Borg and Beck type clutch modification, Hardy Spicer needle roller propshaft, original 3 litre radiator.
The coachwork is a refurbished Vanden-Plas 4-Seat Tourer with a new bonnet and bulkhead., 3-Litre le Mans type wings and running boards, split windscreen to the owners specification. 3-Litre rigid steering wheel, original 4 ½ fuel tank, new steering box fitted with 4 ½ steering gears and new column, original compensator (457), original hand brake lever and original pedal shaft.Original wheels (rebuilt).
Engine: Built with 7.5:1 compression ratio, 4 ½ crank case with Allen semi-counterbalanced crankshaft and connecting rods, original 4 ½ cylinder block (1321), new pistons, valves, guides, springs, caps, collets, drain tubes, original camshaft (BM3480), new needle roller rockers, new waterpump, thermostat and cross shaft gears. Twin Bosch DR$ magnetos (rebuilt), 12 volt alternator system, CAV co-axial starter, standard oil pump driven at high speed (13 driving 14 = 0.93 engine speed – original ratio was half engine speed) with extra external oil pump intake arrangements and sump baffled to avoid oil surge. Original (overhauled) instruments.
In recent years RC89 has benefited from various works from renowned experts, this includes; a service, magneto work, suspension work, and a fuel pump upgrade (facet) by V.B.E restorations in 2012.
Brake overhaul by Paul Rogers 2016.
New clutch fitted by Park View Motors December 2016.
New Pistons and Liners fitted by Kingsbury Racing, Febuary 2019.
The end result is a beautiful and very driveable W.O Bentley. The engine is fresh and pulling well and making all of the right noises, she holds the road well and has the true spirit of a 1924 Bentley.
In our showroom and ready for viewing.
A large gallery of high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9547500 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size4,400 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeOther
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
- Used Bentley in Chelmsford (21)
- Used Bentley in Colchester (3)
- Used Bentley in Grays (38)
- Used Bentley in Harlow (3)
- Used Bentley in Hatfield (12)
- Used Bentley in Hemel Hempstead (2)
- Used Bentley in Ipswich (2)
- Used Bentley in Peterborough (11)
- Used Bentley in Romford (17)
- Used Bentley in St Albans (2)
- Used Bentley in Wickford (3)
- Used cars in Bedford (1280)
- Used cars in Bury (1305)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1828)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1326)
- Used cars in Derby (1354)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1262)
- Used cars in Leeds (1567)
- Used cars in Leicester (1901)
- Used cars in Nottingham (2039)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1261)
- Used cars in Swindon (1165)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11818)
- Used cars in East of England (13989)
- Used cars in London (5409)
- Used cars in North East (4378)
- Used cars in North West (14148)
- Used cars in Scotland (6658)
- Used cars in South East (15979)
- Used cars in South West (8460)
- Used cars in Wales (5139)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8041)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12614)
No recent searches