With an impeccable service history and just one previous keeper - who owned it from new until April 2019 - this wonderfully original and well-maintained Lagos Blue BMW M3 E46 CS is fitted with the rare and desirable six-speed manual gearbox too.
Believed to be just one of 28 manual cars registered here in the UK in 2006, the vendor bought it from the car’s previous owner; as a friend of his, he’d long lusted after it for years before finally managing to ease it out of his hands just over a year ago.
Sadly, the coronavirus pandemic makes it hard for him to justify keeping such an expensive toy, so it is reluctantly being offered for sale. With a very reasonable reserve, this could be your chance to experience the mighty BMW M3 E46 for a very reasonable sum…
With just the two careful owners - one of whom owned it for 13 of its 14 years - the bodywork looks fabulous with tight shutlines, ripple-free flanks, and an absence of dents, dinks and other damage. The vendor has had the bonnet and front bumper resprayed to remove the stonechips that it had inevitably accumulated, but has left the front wings as they are.
He did this because a) they aren’t too bad anyway, and b) he didn’t want anyone to think the car had had a front-end accident. This recent bodywork means that the Lagos Blue coachwork is in a wonderful condition - and the gorgeous blue colour gives the M3 and understated, discreet look we love.
This Q-car status is further reinforced by the very good ten-spoke, 9.5Jx19 alloy wheels which have been recently refurbished and partially hide the front and rear cross-drilled brake discs. A full set of new Avon ZV7 tyres were fitted less than 1,000 miles ago, so all are still like new and show very good tread.
As we will never tire of explaining, our experience shows that matching high-quality tyres are an infallible sign of a caring and mechanically sympathetic owner who is prepared to spend the appropriate amount in maintaining their car properly. Their presence does not, of course, preclude the need for a thorough inspection - something the vendor would welcome, by the way – but do give you a shortcut into their attitude towards maintenance.
Problems? Well, there are a few stonechips on the front wings of course, plus the odd minor mark elsewhere but none of it would concern us at all as it looks amazing, even up close.
In fact, the only issue we can see the new owner might like to address is the offside driver’s door mirror, the glass of which which has deteriorated.
Please note that the text above is just a brief summary of our listing. Please click on the link below, or visit The Market website for the complete description plus at least 100 photos and videos fully illustrating the car and its service history. All bidding occurs through our website, and our website listing is the best place to ask questions directly to the seller.
The vehicle can be viewed with us in Abingdon, South Oxfordshire.
We are running online classic auctions continuously, please sign up on our website to receive a weekly auction-listing update.
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #10615007 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,200 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power338 bhp
- Torque269 lbs/ft
- Top speed155 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.2 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy21.1 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Emissions323 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,383 mm
- Vehicle width1,780 mm
Previous Owners 1
SoldThis vehicle is no longer for sale.
The Market, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Used BMW in Ascot (106)
- Used BMW in Brighton (102)
- Used BMW in Cobham (82)
- Used BMW in Farnborough (98)
- Used BMW in Hailsham (97)
- Used BMW in High Wycombe (113)
- Used BMW in Horsham (76)
- Used BMW in Littlehampton (119)
- Used BMW in Maidenhead (79)
- Used BMW in Reading (190)
- Used BMW in Tunbridge Wells (74)
- Used cars in Blackburn (977)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1386)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1221)
- Used cars in Derby (1093)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1267)
- Used cars in Guildford (970)
- Used cars in Leeds (1211)
- Used cars in Leicester (1454)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1556)
- Used cars in Preston (952)
- Used cars in Swindon (948)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8688)
- Used cars in East of England (11055)
- Used cars in London (5041)
- Used cars in North East (4268)
- Used cars in North West (12553)
- Used cars in Scotland (5750)
- Used cars in South East (14365)
- Used cars in South West (6412)
- Used cars in Wales (4261)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7569)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9170)
No recent searches