Hello, this is the private sale of my beautiful M5
Its hard to list everything but i will do my best as i could talk all day about the car. As most know these are one of the best cars to ever come out of the factory by BMW and they are really rising in value lately. A true white knuckle drivers car with 3 pedals, a 400bhp V8 and a manual gearbox connecting you and the car, True supercar performance with 5 seats and a huge boot. The advert is quite long but i really want to mention as much as i can about the car that attracted me when i bought her. I still speak with the previous owner and he always asks about the car.
I didn't think i would be selling this car for a long time but we are moving to Wales after Christmas and i need a car that's more economical for when we come back to visit as its a 160 mile round trip. I'm afraid a diesel is a must now which comes to us all at some point.
I have had her since April last year and i have done around 9000 glorious miles in her without fault. We have been allover Wales and Devon multiple times and the car always comes away with us and never once let me down. These really chew up the motorway miles with ease and with the car having the ultra rare factory comfort massage seats, it makes long journeys effortless.
In my ownership i have had the following work done:
- Oil change, Fuel filter, Oil filter, Air filters and spark plugs done Mid last year
- Anti roll bar brackets replaced for stronger steel ones (common issue when they can break)
- Private plate M5 VTD which is included in the sale
- Brembo GT 6 piston 355 x 32mm Floating front brake kit fitted (£3800)
- Straight pipe with x pipe mid section and custom front pipes fitted
- New face lift front and rear head lights with 6000k xenons
- 4 x new Michelin PS4 tyres last November still 75% tread or more
- New fuel pump July this year
- Alcantara steering wheel (original leather one included with sale)
- New german made custom mats with tri color stitching
- New Bosch S4 big battery with 5 year warranty fitted this year
- New multi media front head unit with Sat Nav, Internet, MP3 and lots more fitted last Christmas (Original Sat Nav / TV unit included with sale)
- Wheels refurbished few weeks ago in Gunmetal gloss metallic which go light and dark depending on the light (2 year warranty)
- Hub centric 20mm spacers front and 15mm rear with longer wheel bolts to give the perfect stance
- 2000 BMW M5 Carbon black metallic
- 127000 miles (I still use the car so miles will increase)
- MOT 12 months
- Very rare Caramel comfort leather interior, black leather extended console and arm rest
- Comfort seats in the front which are incredibly rare and were an expensive option (very comfortable)
- Heated seats with massage function and memory
- Rare through load folding seats with ski entry
- Booster seats built into rear bench (rare option)
- Double glazing reinforced windows from factory (original reg still printed on the glass)
- Multi media head unit with Sat Nav, MP3, Internet, Bluetooth etc
- Rare aux heater (can be pre heated on cold mornings)
- Brembo GT 6 piston upgraded front brakes with Alcon half moon finish 355 x 32mm Floating discs
- Straight pipe exhaust system with custom X pipe mid section with front pipes custom made (Not for the feint hearted)
- TV / DSP and Hi fi audio from factory
- Rear parking sensors
- New headlights with 6000k HID Xenons
- New Alcantara steering wheel with tri color stitching
- New custom German made mats with tri color stitching
- Wheels refurbished in gun metal metallic and are mint condition with new blue carbon bmw center caps
- Lots of service history and receipts for work done by previous owners and myself included
- Previous owner had the car for 9 years before me and he had the Vanos serviced, 02 sensors, Clutch / Flywheel, servicing and lots of other preventative maintenance work done
The condition of the car i would say is as immaculate as you'll find for the age. There are a few stone chips and marks here and there for a 20 year old car but she is in beautiful condition and with zero rust that i can see. I would love to say the car is garaged and not driven much but i have driven her every chance i had which is most days and still will until shes no longer mine. These cars need to be enjoyed and driven, not left parked up.
Interior is incredibly pristine for the age. I have a guy who comes every 6 months to care for the seats and together we keep them looking like new. I use seat covers when in jeans or if she goes in for any servicing etc. Front seats are spotless and with only minor creases in the leather to indicate use over the years with no tears, rips or scratches. Rears don't look like they have been sat in much and the carpet is still very clean and in the bright caramel finish it left in. I regularly Vanish foam the carpet to keep it smelling fresh and clean plus the mats are new so they also protect the carpet.
Engine pulls very strong and as it should. All power is there without fail when you need it and Sport mode engages every time, Mafs in perfect running order and the car revs freely with no strange noises. Always runs up to temp and stays there.
Gearbox in fine condition no whines, crunches etc and in 6th gives a good return of up to 19mpg on a run which the trip computer can confirm. I only run the car on momentum 99 octane and she really runs wonderfully on it and gives more mpg compared to Shell 99 i used before which returned 13 mpg on average.
The car is a rare non sunroof, All electrics work, Heated seats, Sport button engages, All windows and memory functions work, only a very slight pixelation occurs now and then on the instrument clocks but doesn't stay long.
Cup holders original and work.. Unreal i know!
- I recently bought some German made custom mats with tri color stitching and had the steering wheel treated to an Alcantara upgrade which also has the tri color stitching and its still new, only a few weeks old.
- Still has the factory tape storage decks in center console, Gloss walnut trim still very clean, I have the original Sat nav / TV unit that comes with the car and is essential to work with the Hi Fi / Aux heater and Audio
- Speedometer instrument dials are still the original black dials which i think is rare. Most ended up losing the pixels and being changed to the silver dials but mine still utilises the black dials which i prefer. Original is always nice.
- Wheels have been recently refurbished in Gloss gunmetal metallic with nearly new PS4 Michelin tyres all around
- Brembo GT 6 piston front brakes with 355mm Floating discs in fantastic condition, not a year old.
- Facelift Rear lights about 8 months old
- Front lights 6 months old with HID 6000k xenon light
- Exhaust is aftermarket and custom made, not for the feint hearted. It has a custom mid section x pipe with no cats and straight piped rear. It is loud and not for every one but if you really want to hear this S62 M power V8, this is the car for you. If driven sensible its not much louder than a cat back Supersprint / Eisenmann but my god when you unleash, its like a harrier taking off. The plus side besides the sound is the huge weight saving over stock and also adds generous power and torque. She is definitely much more responsive with this setup and i haven't changed anything else, not even the factory air boxes.
- Engine is only ever ran on Momentum 99 octane and the oil changes have been done twice in my ownership using Valvoline Racing VR1 5W50
Parts included with the car
I have the following parts which come with the car as some purists may want to put the car back to more original spec.
- Factory TV unit with Sat Nav and Aux heating etc. Has the original Walnut finish surround to go with the rest of the interior
- A LUK Clutch which i think hasn't done any miles. Was given to me by previous owner as a spare
- Original leather steering wheel with air bag (very clean condition)
- Original M5 front brake calipers for reverting brakes back to factory. Just discs / pads and brake lines would be needed
I hope that you can see from the advert that the car has been cherished and looked after. Its my second M5 E39, and will be very sadly missed. This car is so much better specced than my previous.
She is always warmed fully with all the warming lights on the dash going out before being driven over 3000 rpm. Essential for the oil to get to a nice temp before using this car as its a fabulous engine and important to let her warm before stretching her legs.
I have the oil and filters changed once a year which isn't essential but it is my preference to keep things in perfect running
This car would suit an enthusiast who wants to buy a well cared for E39 M5 that doesn't need anything other than to be enjoyed.
She is not the cheapest on the market but given the colour and interior combination, Spec, The rare options and the very expensive Brembo GT brakes fitted i feel the price is more than fair.
There are examples for around the £13k mark but the cheaper ones i viewed before this car needed bodywork, hadn't had much work and maintenance done or were of a lesser spec. All depends on what your looking for really
I'm happy to keep the car til around March / April next year before i really need to buy a diesel, so I'm putting it on early to see what interest i have
Terms and conditions
- Test drives will only been done by me no exceptions. This is my pride and joy and still mine until sold
-No test pilots or crowds turning up
-Viewing is by strict appointment only
- No part exchanges or swaps, I have seen a car i will be buying.
- I am happy to discuss the car in further detail and take any serious buyer on a thorough test drive
- Payment is Cash on collection or bank transfer only
- V5 is present with service history and receipts
This is a private honest sale and i think i have covered all the important parts but feel free to ask anything i have missed or not mentioned
Reference #10156052 | Private
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,900 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power420 bhp
- Torque389 lbs/ft
- Top speed155 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 4.8 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy19 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Emissions336 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,435 mm
- Vehicle width1,800 mm
Previous Owners 3
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Road Tests & Reviews
Private Seller, Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Used BMW in Birmingham (40)
- Used BMW in Coventry (118)
- Used BMW in Oldbury (121)
- Used BMW in Shrewsbury (119)
- Used BMW in Solihull (90)
- Used BMW in Stafford (35)
- Used BMW in Stoke-on-Trent (145)
- Used BMW in Tamworth (110)
- Used BMW in Warwick (149)
- Used BMW in Wolverhampton (179)
- Used BMW in Worcester (133)
- Used cars in Bristol (1267)
- Used cars in Cambridge (1123)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1604)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1624)
- Used cars in Derby (1201)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1244)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1401)
- Used cars in Leeds (2145)
- Used cars in Leicester (1366)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1251)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1781)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9728)
- Used cars in East of England (14904)
- Used cars in London (4911)
- Used cars in North East (4952)
- Used cars in North West (11349)
- Used cars in Scotland (6676)
- Used cars in South East (15410)
- Used cars in South West (7733)
- Used cars in Wales (5087)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8612)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12374)
No recent searches