A very rare, one of only 24, 'James Whiting' Caterham 7 Fireblades
Back in the early 2000’s Caterham commissioned James Whiting to build a series of motorbike engine cars using the Honda Fireblade engine. The goal was to follow Colin Chapman’s ethos and make a car as light as possible. This was achieved with a weight under 400kg. With over 130bhp these cars have a power to weight ratio in excess of 325bhp per ton giving them acceleration somewhere between an R300 and an R400. But of course, with the lighter weight, braking and cornering are exceptional.
The Caterham Fireblade became very popular with Evo magazine making it their Track Day car of the Year in 2001. In fact Richard Meaden bought one himself and managed to get the weight down to just 369kg, including fluids. Then it became something of a hit on the Grand Turismo 4 game.
Of the 24 made about ½ have been exported so there are very few left in the UK.
The signature colour of these cars is “Persian Rose”. These were built to a very high specification with:
• Honda Fireblade 919cc engine which revs to 11,000rpm
• Pace/Nova dry sump system
• Six speed sequential gearbox
• Nova mechanical reverse box which, with the main gearbox, gives 6 reverse gears. In 2002 a Caterham Fireblade set the record for driving backwards at 102.52mph!
• FIA roll bar
• Carbon fibre wheel arches
This particular car also has:
o Tillet seats
o Titan 6-point harnesses fitted last year
o Westerman Motorsport (Mog) Carbon fibre dashboard
o Carbon fibre interior panels
o 2x removable steering wheels. Round, leather Momo wheel and “D” shaped alcantara Sparco
o Digital display (Digidash 2)
o Carbon fibre aero screen
o Spa mirrors
o Black pack
o Lowered headlights
o Tonneau and boot covers
o Both large (MOT friendly) and small (for shows) front number plates
o Hi-Spec uprated front brake calipers
o Adjustable rear shock absorbers
o New clutch (~200 miles old). Uprated PDQ plates with Barnett springs.
o New Toyo R888R tyres
o New battery
o New handbrake cable
o 2x exhausts – small, loud, chrome one for road use and one a quiet, 7” repackable Simpson Race Exhaust for track days. Easy to swap over.
The personalised registration number H15 SVN is included with the car.
There is a 3” thick file of service records and receipts and the MOT runs until May 2020. The mileage is a little over 15,000 miles and it’s in excellent condition.
I’m located in Wokingham, Berkshire, near Reading just off the M4.
Price - £19,900
- Size900 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 5
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Berkshire, United Kingdom
- Used Caterham in Canterbury (4)
- Used Caterham in Chertsey (1)
- Used Caterham in Chipping Norton (1)
- Used Caterham in Crawley (43)
- Used Caterham in Leatherhead (3)
- Used Caterham in Longfield (24)
- Used Caterham in Maidenhead (17)
- Used Caterham in Sevenoaks (28)
- Used Caterham in Wallingford (1)
- Used Caterham in Wantage (2)
- Used Caterham in Woking (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1185)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1209)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1232)
- Used cars in Derby (1146)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1096)
- Used cars in Leeds (1526)
- Used cars in Leicester (1170)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1207)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1435)
- Used cars in Reading (1181)
- Used cars in Sheffield (997)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8645)
- Used cars in East of England (10756)
- Used cars in London (3682)
- Used cars in North East (4474)
- Used cars in North West (9668)
- Used cars in Scotland (5126)
- Used cars in South East (12941)
- Used cars in South West (6987)
- Used cars in Wales (4430)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8050)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9463)
No recent searches