Left Hand Drive: Ex. CH Title: UK Registered
Only 22,480m From New!
At the 40th anniversary celebrations of Garage Francorchamps in Brussels, Belgium, in 1992, Ferrari chose to introduce its newest four-seater grand touring car, the 456. Featuring an all-new 65-degree V-12, this was a dramatic departure from the outgoing 412, boasting elegant Pininfarina styling that was sure to propel Ferrari into the 21st century whilst harkening back to the elegant GT cars of the 1950s and 1960s.
Pininfarina was commissioned to design the 456 which was available in GT and (from 1996) GTA forms. The difference in name signifies the transmission: the former has a six-speed manual and the 5.5 L (5473.91 cc) 65° V12 engine was derived from the Dino V6 rather than the more conventional 60° V12s used in the 412 and Daytona. It produced 436 hp with 4 valves per cylinder and Bosch Motronic M2.7 engine management.
For a time is was the fastest four-seater car in the world thanks to its ability to push the 1690 kg car and four passengers to 302 km/h (188 mph). Acceleration to 100 km/h (62 mph) was just 5.2 seconds, with a 13.4 second quarter-mile time. At the time of its development it was the most powerful road car ever developed by Ferrari (aside from the F40).
The name 456 is derived from the fact that each cylinder displaces 456 cubic centimetres. This was the last Ferrari to use this naming convention until the 488. Despite its supercar performance, the 456 has a relatively unstressed engine, which has proven to be a very reliable unit.
Garage Foitek AG of Zurich supplied this early “non-airbag” 456 GT to a Dr. Karl Knusli, also of Zurich. Dr. Knusli had the car maintained by the same Ferrari dealer up and till it was passed on to the second keeper in 2010. Thereafter it was maintained by Swiss Ferrari marque specialists before being imported in to the UK in 2014. Since then the car has been maintained by a Ferrari main dealer in the UK.
Accompanying the car is the complete set of books, including stamped service book and complete original tool kit.
Commissioned in the striking colour of Rosso Metallizato, this beautifully presented motorcar with a fully documented history is ready to be enjoyed and is available for viewing at our London showrooms.
Reference #10257441 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Ferrari in Chelsea (2)
- Used Ferrari in City of Westminster (13)
- Used Ferrari in East Finchley (4)
- Used Ferrari in Hammersmith (6)
- Used Ferrari in Hendon (3)
- Used Ferrari in Orpington (2)
- Used Ferrari in South Kensington (12)
- Used Ferrari in Teddington (8)
- Used Ferrari in Uxbridge (46)
- Used Ferrari in Wandsworth (19)
- Used Ferrari in Westminster and Belgravia (2)
- Used cars in Bedford (960)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1000)
- Used cars in Bristol (946)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1461)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1230)
- Used cars in Derby (1022)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1493)
- Used cars in Leeds (1179)
- Used cars in Leicester (1509)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1492)
- Used cars in Swindon (972)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8516)
- Used cars in East of England (11330)
- Used cars in London (4955)
- Used cars in North East (4137)
- Used cars in North West (12460)
- Used cars in Scotland (6359)
- Used cars in South East (14065)
- Used cars in South West (6435)
- Used cars in Wales (4372)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7640)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (8860)
No recent searches