Electric windows, Mouse hair dash, Cromodora wheels, Tool roll, Jack, Spare wheel.
Nearly 40 years after its introduction, the Dino survives as quite simply one of the most beautiful designs ever created with perfect proportions of delicacy, elegance and style. The exquisite Rosso paintwork maintains a rich, deep texture that shows consistently well around the car.
Bright work has been periodically renewed to match the bodywork and with lights, rubbers and plastics in superb order there is very little to betray the cars age.
With a traditional double nero interior finish the cabin supports the unique Italian style that makes comfort almost secondary. The mouse hair dash sits in wonderful original order, with an exacting depth and graining pattern that fits tight and smooth around the elliptical instrument binnacle. The leather seats retain excellent integrity, as both colour and contour present beautifully with door cards in equally good shape.
The dogleg gear gaiter sits pride of place, surrounded by elegant bright work and the optional electric window switches.
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
The wonderful sounds of the diminutive 6-cylinder engine make you quickly forget it’s down on cylinders and power from its V12 stable mates. The gear lever has quite a long and deliberate movement, not terribly quick, but a real joy to use and the 2.4 litre engine pulls cleanly from tick-over right through the rev – range.
The gearing of the Momo wheel makes the steering so tactile, particularly up at the top end of the performance, while the suspension is absolutely in character with the rest of the car. With a full and thorough service history, the engine is in first class condition.
WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
As with all timeless automotive design the wheels are key to the style success. Cromodora wheels are symptomatic with Italian exotica and fit as a stunning contrast to the sweeping lines of the body.
Wrapped in period Michelin XWX radial rubber the handling is as it was intended with brakes pulling the car up strongly with no adverse pitch or pull.
This Dino was ordered new through Maranello Concessionaires UK in 1972 to Frank Williams Racing as personal transport for the man himself.
The car has always enjoyed the greatest of care with Kent High Performance Cars, Superformance and latterly Maranello themselves for the last 4 years who have carried out a whole host of works to engine, drivetrain and the braking system.
A brimming invoice folder lists a whole host of works over the years with the all important original tool kit still present in the boot of the car.
Please visit our website for a full write up and additional photographs.
The car is supplied having had an extensive intake inspection. Warranty, Finance, Part Exchange and Worldwide shipping are all available on request.
Buy with confidence: we operate from a 10,000sq ft indoor showroom with the support of a fully functioning 4000sq ft preparation and service centre that includes a professional photo studio that is used by Top Gear, McLaren and Alpine Stars. We have a passionate team that work incredibly hard to ensure all our motor cars go through our rigorous and unique sales process so they are presented in the best possible condition and light, then found homes all over the world.
Keep up to date: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and instagram. Register on our webpage for the latest stock updates.
** SIMILAR VEHICLES ALWAYS REQUIRED**
Selling? Our commission sale or SOR (Sale or Return) program is a great way to utilise and access our services and facilities while still maximising the return from your vehicle with minimal hassle, If you’d like to take advantage of this then please get in touch for further information. Alternatively If you’d like to move your vehicle on quickly and efficiently with minimal delay then we can make an offer on an outright purchase basis with payment and collection arranged soon after.
View this vehicle on our website
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size2,400 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power192 bhp
- Top speed146 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 7.1 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Splendid automobile - those ~Italians know how to build a car what?! Chocks away!! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Fast Classics
- Used Ferrari in Ashford (36)
- Used Ferrari in Banstead (10)
- Used Ferrari in Egham (25)
- Used Ferrari in Epsom (9)
- Used Ferrari in Guildford (13)
- Used Ferrari in High Wycombe (53)
- Used Ferrari in Hindhead (28)
- Used Ferrari in Horsham (29)
- Used Ferrari in Longfield (21)
- Used Ferrari in Lyndhurst (83)
- Used Ferrari in Maidstone (31)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1205)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1454)
- Used cars in Derby (1332)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1207)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1603)
- Used cars in Leeds (1784)
- Used cars in Leicester (1270)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1234)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1768)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1445)
- Used cars in Stockport (1161)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10222)
- Used cars in East of England (9780)
- Used cars in London (3259)
- Used cars in North East (5777)
- Used cars in North West (11351)
- Used cars in Scotland (7303)
- Used cars in South East (14120)
- Used cars in South West (8466)
- Used cars in Wales (5031)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10240)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12878)
No recent searches