This fantastic example was built August 1965 by the Dagenham Lotus factory, one of the only 3,306 MK1 Lotus Cortina’s to roll off the factory line between 1963-1966. Presented with the Cortina are past FIA Historic Vehicle Passport dated September 1990 and highlights the vehicle was restored 1989, accompanied by countless photographs from the period.
Also accompanying the car is a more recent MSA Historic Technical Passport dated July 2008 for FIA class: CT8, period: F - 1962 to 1965. As well as engine dynamometer records showing the Lotus Cortina’s maximum output at an impressive 162bhp.
From 2006 to 2009, the Ford Lotus Cortina was driven by father and son duo Mr Richard Lawson senior and junior. The Lawson’s raced at such tracks/events as Spa 6 Hour, Knockhill and Grand Prix De L’Age d’Or at Dijon. The car is supplied with numerous test track and lap charts from both Richard senior and junior and highlights Martin Stretton Racing, Worcestershire as the company looking after this historic racer.
In 2016 the car was sold by 4 Star Classics to a Mr Kenanbraba, Surrey who held onto the car for a couple of years until this beautiful historic racing machine arrived into the hands of rare and classic car racing enthusiasts, DM Historics.
The Lotus Cortina is finished in the factory iconic Lotus Ermine White and Sherwood green stripe. With years of recorded track use, understandably the body and paintwork have acquired the fetching competition scares. With this being said, the Cortina displays no major rusting and all alloy bodywork is in great presentable condition.
Presented with a competition spec interior featuring roll cage, Cobra Evolution racing seat, 4-point racing harness and period Moto-Lita steering wheel. In typical lightweight racing practice, the second seat has been removed and replaced with a fully functioning fire extinguisher in the footwell.
Equipped with its original 1,558cc Ford Lotus twin-cam and twin Weber carburettors fed via an electrical fuel pump. A tight and precise 4-speed manual synchromesh transmission pulls this stunning historic racer through each gear. Sitting on 13” silver finished Minilite-style alloys and matching Dunlop racing tyres retaining a considerable amount of tread.
DM Historics are able to offer race preparation services in order to get this Ford Lotus Cortina FIA approved for whatever series the new owner would like. If you'd like to find out more the car would like to arrange a viewing please get in touch.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,600 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact DM Historics
SoldThis vehicle is no longer for sale.
DM Historics, Kent, United Kingdom
- Used Ford in Ashford (36)
- Used Ford in Banbury (16)
- Used Ford in Beaconsfield (12)
- Used Ford in Bordon (10)
- Used Ford in Canterbury (29)
- Used Ford in Henfield (18)
- Used Ford in Milton Keynes (109)
- Used Ford in Portsmouth (31)
- Used Ford in Ramsgate (27)
- Used Ford in Reading (50)
- Used Ford in Winchester (10)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1255)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1284)
- Used cars in Derby (1447)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1227)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1596)
- Used cars in Leeds (1754)
- Used cars in Leicester (1262)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1326)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1626)
- Used cars in Reading (1121)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1176)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8900)
- Used cars in East of England (9710)
- Used cars in London (3322)
- Used cars in North East (4984)
- Used cars in North West (10538)
- Used cars in Scotland (6802)
- Used cars in South East (13197)
- Used cars in South West (7932)
- Used cars in Wales (4630)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8719)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11456)
No recent searches