Y plate, year 2000/1. Car shows 6 or 7 keepers on the V5 due to Andy getting a new doc each time he moved house. This is not a true representation of the history - it has only ever been owned by the Davidsons until I bought it.
Around 140k miles now, lots of service history with the car from Callum and Andy's ownership and all receipts from me.
I did quite a lot of work (and had quite a lot of work done) in March and April 2019 as part of getting it ready for the road trip:
Brake discs, pads, calipers all replaced with new.
Timing chain, guides and tensioner replaced with genuine Honda parts - this is a big job!
New iridium NGK spark plugs
Genuine Honda oil and air filters.
New oil in engine, gearbox and diff.
Replacement (not new but decent) roof.
Replacement rear dampers.
Alloy wheels refurbed.
New tyres (continental premium contact) all round.
New front number plate, new wiper blades.
Sills welded and painted as required, boot floor replaced.
Painted rocker cover, various underbonnet brackets and wiper arms.
New battery (yuasa silver).
Rear crash bar replaced due to old one being rusted.
New floor mats.
New (JBL) front door speakers, headphone jack input fitted to original stereo.
What it needs: Attention to bodywork on rear arches. Some other bits of bodywork and paint (although acceptable overall apart form boot lid for which I have a replacement).
Passenger window makes horrible noises – needs a replacement mechanism or something fixed – haven’t looked at it.
Rubber seal between driver’s door and window is torn and needs replaced. Probably needs 1-2k spent on bodywork, underselaing and another few bits and pieces as any new owner will find/ want to address.
Comes with: £100 quids worth of bilt hamber rust treatment and cavity wax (all new in a box).
A great, usable car which is brilliant fun to drive - makes you smile every time you drive it and I had loads of fun in it. Horrible tax bill prevents me from being able to keep it or the garage I store it in...
There are occasionally other cheap s2000s for sale but none will have had the level of work and number of new parts that this one now has!
Fantastic winter project for somebody. Great fun as it is now - could be even better and a great summer car for the right person!
With the rear arches done and a few other little niggles sorted this would be a fantastic keeper.
Thanks for looking!
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size2,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power236 bhp
- Torque151 lbs/ft
- Top speed150 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 6.0 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy28.3 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Emissions235 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,285 mm
- Vehicle width1,750 mm
Previous Owners 6
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
i bought it today as an investment and some fun revvin. 8,700 miles and 1 owner. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Nice chassis but feels very slow! Expensive to make fast too! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Private Seller, ABERDEENSHIRE, United Kingdom
- Used Honda in Aberdeen (27)
- Used Honda in Ayr (22)
- Used Honda in Coatbridge (4)
- Used Honda in Edinburgh (16)
- Used Honda in Glasgow (16)
- Used Honda in Hamilton (30)
- Used Honda in Inverness (18)
- Used Honda in Irvine (7)
- Used Honda in Kirkcaldy (4)
- Used Honda in Perth (3)
- Used Honda in Turriff (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1299)
- Used cars in Cambridge (1121)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1595)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1613)
- Used cars in Derby (1222)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1206)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1372)
- Used cars in Leeds (2135)
- Used cars in Leicester (1353)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1341)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1735)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10021)
- Used cars in East of England (14974)
- Used cars in London (4903)
- Used cars in North East (4956)
- Used cars in North West (11909)
- Used cars in Scotland (6480)
- Used cars in South East (15924)
- Used cars in South West (7696)
- Used cars in Wales (5075)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8545)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12810)
No recent searches