August 2018 saw this exceptional original example leave the UK for the first time as it made its way to the famed 18th fairway on the Pebble Beach costal Golf Course. Before taking to the green this perfectly preserved example took part in the Tour d'Elegance, a famed 17-mile drive of twisting coastal roads to the Carmel-by-the-Sea town, the official first day of the Concours, filling 16 blocks of the downtown, showcasing well over 175 collector cars.
With the picturesque Californian coastline as a backdrop the XK120 performed without fault, impressing the prestigious judges and stood as a true example of 1950's British Jaguar engineering, and while the XK120 did not win its class, the car still returns home a champion.
Chassis #669035 remains in remarkably original condition as a result of its enthusiast ownership. The car’s factory specified Pastel Blue paintwork has gained just minor blemishes and an unrepeatable patina, while the glass and chrome are presented in incredible condition with minimal imperfections but more importantly are all period correct.
The Biscuit interior trim has been cherished since new and has aged beautifully. Components which often succumb to age are in this vehicle preserved, such as the interior burr walnut wood dashboard and door capping’s and exterior chrome work, all of which remain in beautiful, original condition.
This 2018 Pebble Beach participant's preservation extends are far as the mechanical. Starting on the button and waking up the iconic XK engine, you'll be serenaded by the smooth 3.4ltr engine playing a classic soundtrack through its period correct exhaust system. Whether you are navigating the twisting Kentish lanes or cruising the California coastline, this matching numbers XK120 performs seamlessly through a precise original 4-speed Moss gearbox.
If you are interested in taking up this rare opportunity to own a highly preserved, Pebble Beach participant and an all-around incredible example or would like to find out more about our XK120, then please inquire by phone or email. We are more than happy to welcome any serious buyers to our premises to view the car in its current state.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,400 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Father purchased this after selling his Talbot 90.
Was fully restored in 1993, and has a bit of recent history:
1993 Award Winner Louis Vuitton Concour d’Elegance in Paris
1995 Exhibited at the National Motor Museum Beaulieu
1996 Royal Mail 43p stamp
... Read the full summary
Red with ren/tan interior. Low ratio diff. Used for touring, rallies, going to the pub, hillclimbs and sprints.
Read the full summary
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact DM Historics
DM Historics, Kent, United Kingdom
- Used Jaguar in Abingdon (30)
- Used Jaguar in Aylesford (22)
- Used Jaguar in Guildford (37)
- Used Jaguar in Milton Keynes (62)
- Used Jaguar in Pulborough (45)
- Used Jaguar in Reading (73)
- Used Jaguar in Slough (58)
- Used Jaguar in Southampton (27)
- Used Jaguar in Thatcham (25)
- Used Jaguar in Tonbridge (83)
- Used Jaguar in Weybridge (18)
- Used cars in Bristol (1133)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1572)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1352)
- Used cars in Derby (1127)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1189)
- Used cars in Leeds (1745)
- Used cars in Leicester (1152)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1245)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1419)
- Used cars in Reading (1076)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1030)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8597)
- Used cars in East of England (11491)
- Used cars in London (3837)
- Used cars in North East (4266)
- Used cars in North West (9539)
- Used cars in Scotland (5640)
- Used cars in South East (13683)
- Used cars in South West (6829)
- Used cars in Wales (4584)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8024)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9702)
No recent searches