Chassis number: 12017
Registration number: AGA162
One of only 278 LG45s produced during 1936/37, chassis number '12017 was ordered by main dealers Kevill Davies & March in November 1935 and subsequently shipped, unregistered, to Burton & Tweedy, Lagonda's dealers in Glasgow. The car was purchased new by Mr Alexander Shanks of Falkland, Fife (bill of sale on file).
In 1954, the Lagonda was traded in (for a Mark VII Jaguar) by Mr Harry Shanks, son of the original owner.
In the early 1960s the original body was destroyed and the damaged car purchased later in the '60s from a garage in Glasgow. 12017 was subsequently fully restored, all the mechanicals being rebuilt and a new tourer body manufactured to 1935 Lagonda T8 pattern in 1990/1993 (see restoration photographs on file). The rebuilt Lagonda was acquired by the late Barry Burnett in 2005 from a Mr Michael Hallowes of Gloucestershire, its owner since December 2002. The Lagonda has just been serviced by Edwards Motorsports (near Bristol) & is thus ready for immediate use.
Highlights of the extensive history file include original Lagonda maintenance invoices; Lagonda Club correspondence; VSCC eligibility document (2003); old/current V5C registration documents; and various old logbooks, expired MoT certificates, and maintenance invoices.
The car is finished in beautiful dark blue paintwork with unmarked black leather hides to the interior. The wooden dash board contains a full quotient of appropriate instrumantation. It is a fast car, comfortable & properly sorted. Clearly vast money has been spent to bring it to the condition we find it in today. Being an LG model it benefits from a host of improvements over the previous models including the part synchromesh gear box etc.
A gallery of large high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office the details below
Richard Biddulph the details below
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #10070410 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size4,500 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeOther
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 4
- Used cars in Bristol (1418)
- Used cars in Bury (1194)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1537)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1475)
- Used cars in Derby (1224)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1098)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1318)
- Used cars in Leeds (1701)
- Used cars in Leicester (1229)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1419)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1618)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9484)
- Used cars in East of England (14360)
- Used cars in London (4936)
- Used cars in North East (4479)
- Used cars in North West (12433)
- Used cars in Scotland (6251)
- Used cars in South East (15565)
- Used cars in South West (8107)
- Used cars in Wales (4961)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7938)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11240)
No recent searches