Covering some many bases the Range Rover Classic was known to be a “four-in-one” car; luxury, performance, estate and cross country. Initially only available in a 2-door body style until 1981, before the release of the 4-door model, the Range Rover packed in a 3.5 litre V8 under the bonnet running Zenith-Stromberg CD2S carbs allowing the SUV to run at extreme changing attitudes without fault. All pulled along by a 4-speed gearbox and lockable centre differential only instead of the originally released Salisbury Powr-Lok lockable limited-slip diff which was phased out December 1970.
First registered in March 1972 and delivered to a Mr Bosman of Oisterwijk, Netherlands. The Range Rover was well kept and loved by Bosman who managed to maintain an original owner’s manual and a 'Rover Passport to Service' with a consistent service stamped ‘Maintenance Schedule’ starting from 1972 to 1977. Jump forward to late 2013 and we see the Suffix A sold by Jansen Laro Parts to a Mr Wiltshire of Gloucestershire and returned to the UK.
Mr Wiltshire set out to repair the Range Rover for the next two years, fitting new footwells, fuel tank and replacing the existing cylinder heads with a period correct early replacements. The Range Rover is accompanied by a comprehensive history folder full of parts receipts including an invoice from Cotswold Jaguar Care in March 2014 for several repairs which included fitting new inner wings, painting panels with rust protection and a new exhaust system. To complete his repairs on his loving Range Rover, Wiltshire had the car sent to a Cheltenham rolling road in 2014 for a check over and some fine tuning (invoice present), ensuring the 70’s classic 4X4 was performing to its true potential.
It was around September 2015 that the Range Rover changed owners to a Mr O’Neill of Somerset, as suggested by an ‘Insurance Policy’ document highlighting O’Neills earliest point of ownership in the cars history folder. Mr O’Neill continued to maintain the vehicle for the following 3 years where the Range Rover flew through each MOT with only minor advisories. May 2018 saw O’Neill sell the vehicle to its current owner.
Although subjected to past bodywork the Range Rover boasts a superb Sahara Dust finish with no major imperfections. All badges, bumpers and exteriors trim are presented in clean and damage free condition, show no signs of accident damages or rust, maintaining that highly sort after iconic boxy SUV look.
Sitting on original Rostyle rollers, displayed in clean and wear-free condition, finished in period correct silver paint matching front and free bumpers. Each corner features plenty of tread with miles left in them.
The Tan leather seats remain in great condition with little to no wear. The bolsters and padding are still firm and plump meeting the level of luxury expected from a factory original 1970’s Range Rover Classic.
Retaining original Jaeger instruments all in perfect working condition. The dashboard remains crack free with clean unmisted dials. All adding up to a classic Range Rover driving position.
The 3.5-litre V8 roars down the road pulled along by a firm and precise 4-speed transmission. Under the bonnet, you’ll find a presentable engine bay with no odd noises or other issues to note. The Range Rovers offers a comfortable and original drive with the adding option of storming across the nearest farmland.
If you are interested in taking up this rare opportunity to own an iconic 4X4 that offers it all, please inquire by phone or email. We are more than happy to welcome any serious buyers to our premises to view the car in its current state and to view our facilities.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact DM Historics
DM Historics, Kent, United Kingdom
- Used Land Rover in Ascot (36)
- Used Land Rover in Aylesbury (72)
- Used Land Rover in Guildford (74)
- Used Land Rover in Leatherhead (36)
- Used Land Rover in Milton Keynes (113)
- Used Land Rover in Portsmouth (31)
- Used Land Rover in Reading (109)
- Used Land Rover in Slough (63)
- Used Land Rover in Southampton (76)
- Used Land Rover in Thames Ditton (35)
- Used Land Rover in Tonbridge (101)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1283)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1325)
- Used cars in Derby (1408)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1241)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1647)
- Used cars in Leeds (1801)
- Used cars in Leicester (1283)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1289)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1665)
- Used cars in Reading (1129)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1189)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9022)
- Used cars in East of England (9632)
- Used cars in London (3368)
- Used cars in North East (5122)
- Used cars in North West (10705)
- Used cars in Scotland (6940)
- Used cars in South East (13128)
- Used cars in South West (7935)
- Used cars in Wales (4796)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8833)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11559)
No recent searches