V reg 1999
I bought this lovely car last year and drove it for a few months before booking it into Lotus specialist GSTin Newmarket for a full service and going over.
I instructed them to "do whatever it needs". The bill came to a whopping £2800!! The car is now totally sorted and lovely to drive. In addition to the mojor service, it also had the following.....
New EBC discs and pads.
Rebuilt brake cylinders.
Rear toe link kits.
Throttle linkage kit.
Gear linkage upgrade kit.
New cambelt and tensioner.
New water pump.
New alternator belt.
New distributor cap and rotor arm.
New throttle cable.
Plus a few other items.
It has S2 suspension fitted which is great.
It had a brand new long range ProAlloy fuel tank and filler fitted in 2013. (Bills for over £1200)
It's also had an alternator, new radiator, new fuel pump and many other bits done in the last 3 years. There are loads of receipts to show much of what's been done over the years.
Also present is every MOT from the start (2002) to the current one that expires in November 2017.
Original factory hardtop is included and the black soft top too.
The car could do with some love cosmetically. I intended to get the front end resprayed and have a few bits fixed up around the car. The seats and armrests are looking a little tired too, but it is a great little car for the summer and a possible restoration project for someone wanting to bring it back to concourse condition.
I've enjoyed owning the car and had planned to keep it forever, but I've been tempted away and have just placed a deposit on a new Exige 350 Sport, so sadly she needs a new home.
One thing to note, and in the interests of honesty......... there is the presence of oil in the coolant tank. The service mechanic told me not to worry about it for now as apparently it's very common on these engines. It could be that the oil is in the system from a previous head gasket failure. I'm told that once oil is in the system, it's almost impossible to flush it out after the HG has been replaced. The car is totally fine and drives as it should, so you either do as I've done and decide to wait until the HG fails and then replace it (and possibly do some engine upgrades then too?) or you spend some money now on a preemptive HG fix. Up to you! I'm told an HG can be replaced for as little as £400.
Feel free to call me to chat.
Sorry about the pictures not being taken today, it's been pouring with rain consistently!! The car is tucked up in the garage on its trickle charger.
- LayoutMid Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power118 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
In the process of turning it into my idea of the ultimate Elise, so has improved suspension, a bit more power and lot more lightness! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Dark blue s1 elise bought new and now covered over 94,000 miles. Love this car to bits Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Had someone told us of the fun we'd have with the Elise when we purchased this fantastic racing car we'd never have believed it.
Great investment and still the pleasure continues.
Thank you Lotus. Read the full summary
Rather amusing, to say the least.
Does tend to get driven rather than cleaned. Read the full summary
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Servicing / Repairs||£65||£130|
|Total Running Costs||£304||£608|
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 34,000 miles
- 5,000 miles
- 115 bhp
- 28,000 miles
- 109 bhp
- Used Lotus in Bedford (5)
- Used Lotus in Buckhurst Hill (1)
- Used Lotus in Chelmsford (1)
- Used Lotus in Colchester (1)
- Used Lotus in Dunmow (3)
- Used Lotus in Maldon (10)
- Used Lotus in Newmarket (1)
- Used Lotus in Norwich (9)
- Used Lotus in Stansted (12)
- Used Lotus in Sudbury (1)
- Used Lotus in Woodbridge (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (2045)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1492)
- Used cars in Derby (1591)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2198)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5219)
- Used cars in Leeds (2363)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1540)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1761)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1512)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1682)
- Used cars in York (1515)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12125)
- Used cars in East of England (14056)
- Used cars in London (4953)
- Used cars in North East (7103)
- Used cars in North West (17432)
- Used cars in Scotland (20217)
- Used cars in South East (21020)
- Used cars in South West (9706)
- Used cars in Wales (4296)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10075)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (16250)
No recent searches