As a result of planning on keeping the car for a long time, I’ve done quite a bit of work on the car in the last couple of years including preventative maintenance, so the car looks and drives amazingly.
First 3 years/44k was a Lotus Management car (belonged to Brother in Law of JAWS on TLF) commuting from near Cambridge to Hethel daily and looked after by Lotus. After that it was owned by another enthusiast Alun Rowe (alunr on SELOC) before I bought it from him nearly 2 years ago.
Sports Pack, Tech Pack and benefits from Standard Ratio gearbox making it an excellent long-distance cruiser, a B-road blaster and does not run the risk of having the weakened replacement 3-6 gear ratios that can cause gear box failure on early cars.
Service History – Registered 1st December 2010 (makes it a 2011 spec car)
11/1/2011 – 1020 miles – Lotus Cars
16/5/2011 – 8358 miles – Lotus Cars
11/10/2011 – 17688 miles – Lotus Cars
20/3/2012 – 27092 miles – Lotus Cars
19/9/2012 – 36604 miles – Lotus Cars
18/2/2013 – 43650 miles – Lotus Cars. I’ve been told that the clutch was replaced at this service, I don’t have any documentation on this, but I did ask JAWS and he confirmed that it had been done.
2015 – 48910 – Brooke Kensington
19/5/2016 – Brooke Kensington
2/6/2017 – 59352 – Castle Lotus
19/5/2018 – 62123 – Essex Autosport
In addition, since taking ownership I have done the following:
New windscreen in June 2017 that is scratch, chip and crack free
Headlamps re-lacquered at Lotus to ensure it was done properly
Rear light bezels replaced with updated black ones (originals fade from silver to yellow)
Lightweight Lotus forged alloy wheels fitted costing £1000 (originals available by separate negotiation)
Sport Racer look wrap. I think it makes the car look much better, but it is removable
Full 2bular exhaust (Headers, Sports Cat, Backbox). Parts alone in excess of £2500 and it sounds amazing, dirty burble on start-up and screams at the top end. Despite this, on a run it’s not too noisy and does not drone. Original exhaust available for you to take away if you want it.
Gearbox Oil change – transformed the shift from horribly notchy to lovely and smooth.
New shocks and Geometry setup. Didn’t really need doing but as I was able to pick up a set being sold off by Lotus, I thought I’d get it done. Geo really improved front end turn in without upsetting the rear of the car.
Door seals replaced (they split and perish) and doors realigned, this took a few attempts (and I dread to think how much money) but is now perfect.
Air-con checked over and re-gassed.
Service hatch release leaver replaced with later version
Front wheel arch liner brackets replaced with stainless steel ones (the standard ones rust away to nothing)
Freshly washed, clay barred & waxed and the interior in fully cleaned with the leather treated.
The car drives and sounds amazing but there are a couple of things to make you aware of…. The dash has suffered from some leather shrinkage and the passenger airbag cover has popped up a bit (they all do that in the heat, happy to send photos), the leather bolster on the driver’s seat is also a bit worn (again they all do that, and I suspect £40 and some effort with leather dye would fix it).
Price wise I would be looking for £26,750 ono. Much less than that and I just couldn’t sell the car given what I’ve put into it in the last couple of years, it’s had all of the common mechanical problems sorted, drives amazingly and frankly if I can’t sell it then I would not be upset to keep it.
Happy to answer any questions, send additional photos on request and do a video tour on Skype/WhatsApp/FaceTime if you want to take a look at the car before driving to see it.
Test drive only with proof of fully comprehensive insurance.
Reference #9391068 | Private
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size3,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power276 bhp
- Torque258 lbs/ft
- Top speed162 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.0 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy32.5 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Emissions205 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,223 mm
- Vehicle width1,848 mm
Previous Owners 3
- 13,173 miles
- 197 bhp
- 4,371 miles
- 248 bhp
- 7,201 miles
- 255 bhp
- Used Lotus in Attleborough (1)
- Used Lotus in Bishop's Stortford (1)
- Used Lotus in Chelmsford (6)
- Used Lotus in Colchester (1)
- Used Lotus in Grays (1)
- Used Lotus in Hemel Hempstead (1)
- Used Lotus in Ipswich (1)
- Used Lotus in Maldon (10)
- Used Lotus in Norwich (11)
- Used Lotus in Stansted (8)
- Used Lotus in Sudbury (1)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1142)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1423)
- Used cars in Derby (1304)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1321)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1227)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1724)
- Used cars in Leeds (1912)
- Used cars in Leicester (1260)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1306)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1734)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1264)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10890)
- Used cars in East of England (10318)
- Used cars in London (3033)
- Used cars in North East (5950)
- Used cars in North West (11291)
- Used cars in Scotland (7548)
- Used cars in South East (14615)
- Used cars in South West (7651)
- Used cars in Wales (4808)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9805)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (13392)
No recent searches