Fast forward some 46 years and Carrozzeria Touring built four ‘Bellagio Fastbacks’ based on the previous-generation Quattroporte. Lushly trimmed and featuring an upswept rear side window. One particular British aficionado was disappointed to have missed the car that sold at RM Sotherby’s auction in 2013 so decided to commission his own. The plan was to produce a shooting-brake based on the latest generation Quattroporte, something that had never been done before. He consulted a couple of big-name prototyping companies in the UK, but they typically wanted to charge around £200,000 plus the cost of the base vehicle and would take far too long. This was when the client was introduced to Adam Redding. Adam is a bodywork magician who has spent his career restoring E-types, Astons, Lancias, Bristols, Dinos amongst other interesting projects. Adam loves a challenge. ‘Is it possible?’ asked the Quattroportes owner. ‘Of course,’ Adam replied. And so the 2015 Maserati went under the metal-surgeons knife.
The QP’s rear quarters were opened up and much of the roof removed. Strips of steel were laid to show how the cantrails might continue rearwards and what shape the rear side windows might be. An upward sweep, like the Bellagio? Or a slender glass, tapering down to the tail while accommodating the haunch above the rear wheels?
Adam mocked up the styles on a computer, and after much discussion the owner went for the style you see today. We are told the hardest part of the project was the electrics. A kit was ordered to power the motorised tailgate from a company that supplies electrics to car manufacturers. It fell to Adam’s, in house, electrics expert to get the car and tailgate to talk to each other.
After around 1,500 man hours the ‘Cinqueporte’ was completed and the end result is astounding. The finish leaves you believing the shooting-brake could be a factory built derivative.
The Maserati Quattroporte Diesel Shooting-Brake offered here at Autostorico is a 2016 registered, 65 plate which has covered just 8,714 miles from new. Finished in Gunmetal Grey metallic with Nero leather interior this unique Maserati offers a comprehensive specification including such highlights as: 20” black painted Mercurio alloy wheels, Satellite navigation, Bluetooth phone, heated seats, sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, reversing camera, Keyless entry, Keyless start, powerfold mirrors and Piano black veneer.
This exquisite, one of a kind, Maserati is surely the only way to transport five adults with their luggage in an icon of Italian elegance.
Viewing strictly by appointment only.
Reference #9543999 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,000 cc
- Power275 bhp
- Torque442 lbs/ft
- Top speed155 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 6.3 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy45.6 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Emissions163 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,476 mm
- Vehicle width1,948 mm
Previous Owners 1
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Autostorico Ltd
- Used Maserati in Banbury (2)
- Used Maserati in Banstead (2)
- Used Maserati in Chipping Norton (3)
- Used Maserati in Egham (20)
- Used Maserati in Fordingbridge (2)
- Used Maserati in High Wycombe (3)
- Used Maserati in Horsham (4)
- Used Maserati in Lyndhurst (10)
- Used Maserati in Maidstone (21)
- Used Maserati in Petworth (2)
- Used Maserati in Pulborough (2)
- Used cars in Bristol (1128)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1216)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1221)
- Used cars in Derby (1174)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1310)
- Used cars in Leeds (1494)
- Used cars in Leicester (1171)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1189)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1456)
- Used cars in Reading (1161)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1078)
- Used cars in East Midlands (7941)
- Used cars in East of England (10597)
- Used cars in London (3209)
- Used cars in North East (4585)
- Used cars in North West (9870)
- Used cars in Scotland (5657)
- Used cars in South East (12969)
- Used cars in South West (6734)
- Used cars in Wales (4651)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8722)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9805)
No recent searches