1998 MAZDA MX5 S
1840CC 4 CYLINDER MULTI POINT INJECTION PETROL PRODUCING 140BHP !!!
ONLY COVERED 45,881 miles from NEW !!
ONLY 3 OWNERS FROM NEW !!
FULL SERVICE HISTORY, OWNERS MANUALS AND A FOLDER FULL OF INVOICES.
Pretty much every manufacturer builds a convertible and it was the MX-5 that got us all back into drop-tops in the first place. With rear-wheel drive and sharp, responsive handling, it’s fun to drive although it’s not hugely powerful. Being a Mazda, it’s also superbly reliable and well-engineered.
This is where the Mazda MX5 legend began. Launched in 1989, the tiny two-seater roadster was designed to deliver simple driving thrills to buyers on a modest budget. Fast forward a quarter of a century and the Japanese machine has become the best-selling small roadster of all time, racking up more than a million sales. Yet it was the brilliant original that laid the foundations for this unprecedented success story.
The MX-5 was designed from the outset to be fun to drive,with its low slung driving position, thin-rimmed three spoke wheel, high transmission tunnel and stubby gear lever, the Mazda signals it’s sporty intentions before you’ve even twisted the key in the ignition.
Our later example has the larger 1.8-litre engine.With only 990 kg to haul along, a sharp throttle response and characterful soundtrack, the MX-5 feels much livelier than its claimed 0-62mph time of 8.1 seconds suggests. Even better, the five-speed manual gearbox’s snappy, short-throw shift encourages you to make the most of the available acceleration. But it’s car’s sublime handling that really makes it stand out. Oh, and fun – by the bucket-load!
This is a good-looking two-seat sportster. It has a front-engine, rear-drive chassis that delivers plenty of grip and steering with precise feel.
SPEC INCLUDES: Electric Front Windows, Central Locking, Electric And Heated Mirrors,Electric Aerial, Kenwood CD Player, Roof Cover.
SUPERB ORIGINAL CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT !!
Must be seen
Viewing available in our Corby showroom.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,800 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power140 bhp
- Torque120 lbs/ft
- Top speed127 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 8.0 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy32.8 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Emissions218 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,225 mm
- Vehicle width1,680 mm
Previous Owners 3
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Fun little car, flies all over. Great fun with the roof down, screams up to the redline. You've got to be careful in the wet though.
Sometimes it's just not fast enough, no matter how much you thrash it. Other times it's got more than enough poke. I guess it just depends what mood you're... Read the full summary
- 87,000 miles
- 109 bhp
- 70,000 miles
- 148 bhp
- 119,000 miles
- 150 bhp
- Used Mazda in Boston (6)
- Used Mazda in Derby (38)
- Used Mazda in Gainsborough (2)
- Used Mazda in Grimsby (2)
- Used Mazda in Leicester (9)
- Used Mazda in Lincoln (6)
- Used Mazda in Mansfield (10)
- Used Mazda in Northampton (20)
- Used Mazda in Nottingham (18)
- Used Mazda in Scunthorpe (4)
- Used Mazda in Worksop (8)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1562)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1338)
- Used cars in Derby (1544)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1337)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1370)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1861)
- Used cars in Leeds (2203)
- Used cars in Leicester (1292)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1480)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1705)
- Used cars in Stoke-on-Trent (1530)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11205)
- Used cars in East of England (10775)
- Used cars in London (3386)
- Used cars in North East (6891)
- Used cars in North West (12660)
- Used cars in Scotland (8293)
- Used cars in South East (16051)
- Used cars in South West (8055)
- Used cars in Wales (5176)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11682)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (14143)
No recent searches