1 of only 350 right-hand drive examples
Fitted with Turbo style two-piece alloy wheels
Exquisitely presented throughout
Finished in Slate Grey metallic coachwork with grey leather interior, this Carrera 2 Tiptronic still looks great today with its Turbo style wheels. The Targa roof is easily removable and offers open air motoring without buffeting unlike a cabriolet, whilst the distinctive style of the Targa has really come of age.
Porsche launched the 964 on the cusp of the recession, making them difficult to sell when new. The 964 Targa was produced in less units than the hugely desirable Turbo model. 18,000 964 Coupes were manufactured along with just under 4,000 Turbos making the 3,500 Targas manufactured extremely rare. Not to mention the fact that less than 10% would be official C16 RHD examples. This really is a rare car. Today this has made the 964 one of the rarer 911 variant.
In 1989, Porsche introduced the first major change to the 911 with the launch of the 964. Although still looking like a 911 it was claimed by Porsche to feature 87% all new components over the outgoing 3.2 Carrera. The 911 was traditionally a 2wd car but the new 964 initially featured a new 4wd driveline and a powerful 3.6 twin plug engine.
New coil sprung suspension, ABS and power steering offered a significantly modern driving experience over the outgoing Carrera whilst performance was brisk too with 0-60mph coming up in 5.7 seconds and a top speed of 162mph, figures that are still respectable today. A 2wd variant would follow later and the 964 series ran until 1993 when the replacement 993 was launched.
Fast forward 25 years and the 964 looks like a classic 911 being the last to feature the upright headlamps, but with its modern underpinnings it offers a refined driving experience.
Now available for viewing at the DD Classics Dealership in London, please call 0208 878 3355 for more information.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Wanted a daily driver with character. It certainly has that, amazing sound. Mine needs alot of work, although engine has been rebuilt and is good and leak free. Not as fun to drive as Caterham but seats for kids, reliable and quick enough. Wife hates it... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
- Used Porsche in Bromley (15)
- Used Porsche in City of Westminster (21)
- Used Porsche in East Finchley (26)
- Used Porsche in East Ham (64)
- Used Porsche in Hammersmith (7)
- Used Porsche in Hendon (40)
- Used Porsche in Mill Hill (50)
- Used Porsche in Mortlake (7)
- Used Porsche in Orpington (16)
- Used Porsche in Sidcup (61)
- Used Porsche in Uxbridge (19)
- Used cars in Bristol (1406)
- Used cars in Bury (1145)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1508)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1517)
- Used cars in Derby (1217)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1154)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1353)
- Used cars in Leeds (1796)
- Used cars in Leicester (1273)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1422)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1686)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9693)
- Used cars in East of England (14350)
- Used cars in London (4982)
- Used cars in North East (4638)
- Used cars in North West (12660)
- Used cars in Scotland (6523)
- Used cars in South East (15787)
- Used cars in South West (7963)
- Used cars in Wales (4978)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8275)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11569)
No recent searches