It's a survivor, this Porsche has not seen major restoration............and it's all the more special because of that.
Some restorations start with cars that only just exist, with 50% of the body already turned to fresh air. Of course they are rebuildable, but nothing like our car here.......
It's all in the story:
This 1967 model year 911 was delivered from Stuttgart via P.C Distributors, Culver City, California in December 1966 with the following factory options:
* Special order colour Tangerine (R2002) with Black leatherette (B)
* Bumper horns - F/R
* Tinted glass all around
* Wheel caps with crest
* Ventilated chrome wheels
* Wood steering wheel
* Blaupunkt Radio ‘Frankfurt’ Nr. 73
* Dunlop tyres (165/15)
The first owner was Californian resident Mr Kenneth W. Kirsche. We understand that it stayed in his hands until it was passed on to his son. During his ownership the 911 received good maintenance. With the intention of prolonging the dependability of his Porsche, it was upgraded with a period correct 911 S transmission. As was common practice with early 911's, the alloy crankcases were swapped out for later magnesium ones providing added strength and reliability. Fortunately the owner had the foresight to keep the original alloy cases and these are included in the sale of the car.
This one-family owned 911 was sold to an enthusiast in approximately 2008, staying in California.
The information we have suggests this Porsche, when purchased by this enthusiast, was a good runner, rust and accident free and was certainly not a candidate for a major restoration. It was repainted purely for aesthetic reasons, the door shuts and A posts are measuring original paint.
During this repaint, the owner did the right thing by his 911 and had it put back together with new parts where required. All the brightwork was re-chromed and seals replaced with new.
The interior was re-trimmed in authentic style with leather and vinyl. The carpets and headlining were replaced with new.
The brakes and fuel system underwent a complete overhaul along with the starter motor and alternator. The ignition system was upgraded to an electronic version.
The engine and gearbox were removed and completely stripped and rebuilt with new parts as required.
In 2014 it was imported in to Europe where it stayed for a couple of years and was then sold by PS Automobiles, a well respected restoration and classic Porsche sales outfit in Dortmund, Germany. Whilst with them, the chassis, the brake system and the axle bearings were all revised in 2015 plus the heat exchangers were renewed and the entire subfloor was cleaned and resealed.
It appears some additional works were carried out, most notably the re-installation the originally optioned vented chrome wheels with Porsche crest wheel caps and period correct Hella 128 fog lamps.
It came to the UK and was registered with DVLA on 21st July 2017. Now we have it...........
There is a copy of the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, copy of original Kardex and a Part II registration (official replacement German Fahrzeugbrief) issued on 23.02.2016
For more information, photographs and video, please visit our main website.
Inspection: All our cars are sold following a full inspection by our technicians.
Reserve: Don’t lose the car you want; if you are miles away and can’t get to us immediately, we will provide detailed, accurate and honest information supported by photographs and video. We can reserve a car against a small deposit. We guarantee that if the Porsche is not as described when you come to view or when we deliver, we will give you your deposit back.
Warranty: We offer our very own warranty on our modern and classic Porsche for your peace of mind.
Financing: We can arrange finance (subject to status) through one of our associated lenders (including specialist 10 year classic car loans).
Delivery: We can deliver to your doorstep in the UK or arrange export anywhere in the world.
Part exchange: Any make of vehicle considered.
Porsche Finder Service: If we don’t have the Porsche you want in stock, call or email. We offer a very successful Finder Service. Let us do the hard work for you….it’s our job.
Please call 01752 840307 and ask for Adrian or Dale.
Williams Crawford Passion for Porsche, established 1991. We deal with all aspects of Porsche; buy, sell, broker, service, restore, custom build, race and event preparation.
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size2,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power130 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Williams Crawford LTD
- Used Porsche in Bristol (51)
- Used Porsche in Calne (17)
- Used Porsche in Cheltenham (10)
- Used Porsche in Chippenham (19)
- Used Porsche in Devizes (12)
- Used Porsche in Exeter (31)
- Used Porsche in Ferndown (51)
- Used Porsche in Poole (8)
- Used Porsche in Saltash (24)
- Used Porsche in Swindon (40)
- Used Porsche in Tewkesbury (34)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1481)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1246)
- Used cars in Derby (1435)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1263)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1253)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1677)
- Used cars in Leeds (1857)
- Used cars in Leicester (1346)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1229)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1663)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1227)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9610)
- Used cars in East of England (10072)
- Used cars in London (3297)
- Used cars in North East (5614)
- Used cars in North West (10954)
- Used cars in Scotland (7509)
- Used cars in South East (13782)
- Used cars in South West (8410)
- Used cars in Wales (5203)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9766)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12400)
No recent searches