Chassis no: 60044
Engine no: 56219
Mileage shown: 10974
Registration: UK reg TBC
Founded in 1905 by bicycle manufacturer George Singer, the firm made its first saleable car in Coventry the following year. By 1928 Singer had grown to become Britain’s third largest car maker after Austin and Morris. Singer entered into a flirtation with motorsports in the 1930s that took it to that font of racing greatness, Le Mans.
At the core of the story was the ohc four created for the Singer. Enlargement of this engine’s displacement resulted in the 972cc Nine series (so named for its taxable horsepower rating). Among the cars in the series were the Sports models, a coupe and a four-seat open car on a lowered chassis. These were soon accompanied by a Le Mans 2-seater.
According to The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile, “Encouraged by reliable performances in the 1934 Le Mans race, Singer prepared a team of lightweight 2-seaters for 1935.” These cars could hit 90 mph, and did well at Le Mans and Brooklands.
Twin SU carburettors helped the Le Mans make 34 bhp, with the help of a Moss four-speed gearbox, a Le Mans could hit 75 mph with the suspension comprising of semi elliptical springs all around and friction shocks.
This Charming Le Mans is offered in great driving condition, pulling well and stopping adequately. It is a true delight to cruise along the road and happily competes with modern traffic.
The interior benefits from a slight modification to allow the longer legged motorist to travel in comfort, this can easily be changed back and comes with the original bench back. The Singer also comes with a full hood and tonneau cover.
In our showroom and ready for viewing.
A large gallery of high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9314235 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeOther
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Vintage & Prestige Classic Cars Ltd.
- Used cars in Bristol (1146)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1430)
- Used cars in Derby (1321)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1198)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1123)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1652)
- Used cars in Leeds (1780)
- Used cars in Leicester (1265)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1250)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1689)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1409)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10183)
- Used cars in East of England (9642)
- Used cars in London (3072)
- Used cars in North East (5857)
- Used cars in North West (11094)
- Used cars in Scotland (7455)
- Used cars in South East (14593)
- Used cars in South West (8512)
- Used cars in Wales (4906)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10140)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12825)
No recent searches