I bought the car in 2016 at 74,500 miles from an enthusiast owner who moved onto a Lexus ISF.
This particular example has been very well cared for, with a full, documented service history and just 90,000 miles. The current MOT runs out in June 2019 (with no advisories) and it is now time to move it on for someone else to enjoy.
It was last serviced in June 2018 at the same time as the MOT at approximately 84,000 miles. This included a coolant change. Late in 2017 the Automatic Transmission Fluid was replaced and a brand new battery was installed in August 2018 (3 year warranty with receipt)
The car is clean and well cared for both inside and out. There is some damage to the passenger door though. Firstly, there are a couple of car park dings close to the door mirror and another small dent just above the door handle (difficult to photo.) There's very minimal wear on the driver’s side bolster, but no rips or tears. This Subaru has the cream, heated, leather interior and matching carpet. The perfect contrast with the metallic black paintwork. Rear parking sensors.
The Subaru starts first time, whatever the weather and has never let me down. The flat 6 engine is extremely smooth, ran on super unleaded throughout my ownership and has been a joy to own.
This particular car has been slightly modified in order to try and address the very few weaknesses the Legacy has as standard:
18 inch Enkei RPF1’s (genuine) with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all round. These tyres were fitted just days before the MOT in June and have plenty of tread left. The alloy wheels are in need of a refurb. 2 of them are acceptable, but the other 2 have suffered from kerb damage. The original wheels are included in the sale and have been refurbished. Tyres on these are very close to the wear markers.
BC Racing coilovers have been installed all round with an uprated, whiteline rear anti roll bar. This has transformed the handling of the Legacy and is a joy to drive.
A fully custom exhaust system has been fitted with a lifetime guarantee by an exhaust specialist in South Wales. The flat 6 sound of this Legacy has been released and it makes a fantastic noise.
There is plenty of history with this car and the original handbooks are there. I will be very sad to see this car go. Both keys are present.
I don't really want to get rid of this car if I'm honest. The reason for selling is that I have other cars which are used more regularly and the Subaru isn't getting any use at all anymore. A recent large bill on my Toyota MR2 is yet another reason why this is going.
As you can see, the price of this is way off similar Subaru Legacy's of this age. I have a number of reasons why I have chosen to sell at this price:
- It is close to requiring a small service - Service intervals are around 7000 miles on this car. The state of the oil right now is fine, but it is beginning to show signs of dirt.
- The damage to the door - Whilst this is completely liveable, I have considered this into the cost of the car. I've tried to show the dents in a photo but they're hard to see.
- I've factored into the cost that the wheels need refurbishing.
- I need it gone - I'm going to regret selling this car, but times have changed and it's time for someone else to enjoy.
Finally, please note that I will not accept any offers on this car. This is the cheapest and one of the lowest mileage 3.0 Legacy on the market and, whilst I need to sell, I am in no rush.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I work in the week, 8-4 and am not able to have my phone on me during that time. Please be patient whilst I try to respond.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size3,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power241 bhp
- Torque219 lbs/ft
- Top speed147 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 8.2 secs
- Driven WheelsAll Wheel Drive - Permanent
- Economy29.4 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Emissions229 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,545 mm
- Vehicle width1,730 mm
Previous Owners 3
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Vale Of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
- Used cars in Cardiff (1450)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1243)
- Used cars in Derby (1420)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1265)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1248)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1680)
- Used cars in Leeds (1838)
- Used cars in Leicester (1330)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1226)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1632)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1232)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9509)
- Used cars in East of England (10050)
- Used cars in London (3252)
- Used cars in North East (5588)
- Used cars in North West (10870)
- Used cars in Scotland (7481)
- Used cars in South East (13713)
- Used cars in South West (8383)
- Used cars in Wales (5173)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9707)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12274)
No recent searches