For Sale in my lovely TVR Chimaera.
I know I’ll regret this if it goes but I’m advertising it anyway. I’ve recently retired and moved to Oban, in North West Scotland. The car isn’t getting used like it should, when we go out it’s as a family and when I’m on my own I’m picking up building materials or parking in the local supermarket car park where I wouldn’t take my TVR.
It’s a 1996 4 litre car with 86K miles on it.
I’ve owned it since 2015 and driven it around 7500 miles in that time.
It drives well, sounds great and looks a million dollars.
It has a full service history with stamps by TVR main dealers and well known independents. When I bought it I had a full check over carried out by a well known TVR Specialist, to make sure everything was up to scratch with all fluids, fuel lines etc replaced.
The chassis is the original one and has been looked after with regular waxing.
The bodywork is extremely good, a few tiny stone chips as ever. A new windscreen was fitted last year as the old one had started to delaminate around the edges.
The roof is good with a clear rear window, the targa top panel is good.
The interior is in good condition with the original veneer dash (far better than any newer replacement option).
The original seats are in good condition.
The engine has just had a full top end overhaul and looking at the cylinders there was no apparent wear on the engine.
New radiator & hoses, new power steering pipes. Fuel lines replaced.
New front discs and pads, the flexis were replaced about three year ago.
Fitted with the original alloy wheels and almost new Toyo tyres.
All in all a very usable TVR which looks and drives like a TVR should.
Sailed through the MoT in March.
Always garaged in my ownership.
Buy it before I change my mind.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 4
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
The Chimaera is a great car to drive but can be expensive to own and run if you're not a DIY technician or own a fully fitted-out workshop as there's always something to fix, replace or repair. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Always wanted one and enjoyed every minute of it, used daily as my only car Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Road Tests & Reviews
Phone the seller07522586057
Or send a message
Private Seller, Argyll Scotland, United Kingdom
- Used cars in Bristol (1455)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1782)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1626)
- Used cars in Derby (1389)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1145)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1194)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1302)
- Used cars in Leeds (2069)
- Used cars in Leicester (1436)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1452)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1804)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10456)
- Used cars in East of England (15144)
- Used cars in London (4971)
- Used cars in North East (5174)
- Used cars in North West (13031)
- Used cars in Scotland (6713)
- Used cars in South East (16164)
- Used cars in South West (8064)
- Used cars in Wales (5424)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8851)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12744)
No recent searches