Model Chimaera 500
Year: 1998 (Aug) S plate
Color: Imperial Blue (starmist)
Owners : 8 (including myself)
HPI - Clear
- Estoril alloys, nearly new tyres
- Bespoke sports exhaust, Sounds amazing.
- Cream interior (good condition no tears or holes) Blue carpets. Both mats have been well used so could do with a replacement pair. Carpet under neath is good though.
- Leven handbrake and indicator stalks
- After market CD player and changer (never switched it on!)
1) zero miles 29/07/98 ---- HHC TVR PDI
2) 923 miles 22/08/98 ---- HHC TVR
3) 5616 miles 09/06/99 --- HHC TVR
4) 9967 miles 12/09/2000 --- Fernhurst TVR
5) 14317 miles 19/02/2001 --- Fernhurst TVR
6) 20575 miles 01/11/2001 --- Fernhurst TVR
7) 25927 miles 20/09/2002 -- Fernhurst TVR
8 28538 miles 16/09/2003 -- Fernhurst TVR
9) 29888 miles 15/09/2004 - Gatwick TVR
10) 30275 miles 01/09/2005 - Adrian Blyth
11) 35132 miles 05/09/2006 - Levan Technology
12) 40793 miles 12/10/2007 - Levan Technology
13) 42617 miles 23/09/2008 - Levan Technology
14) 44322 miles 11/08/2009 - Levan Technology
15) 48511 miles 03/08/2010 - Selby TVR
16) 52289 miles 29/07/2013 - W.Robinson Engineering
Notable replacement/upgraded parts:
Manifold gaskets changed at 43,000 in Oct 2008
Top end rebuild in Oct 2007 by Leven Tech at 37845
New clutch at Gatwick TVR 2003 at 24564.
New GAZ Gold Pro Shocks at Selby TVR at 48511
New cooling system fitted March 2015 including new radiator, Silcon Hoses kit, Sender units and thermostat.
Manual fan override fitted by Castle TVR June 2014
Suspension adjusted for lower ride height and geometry by Castle TVR June 2014
New plastic rear window and hood reconditioned (July 2015)
The overall condition of the car is good. From 6ft away the car looks fantastic and color is very vivid and shows the shape of the car off really well. There are two small nicks on the drivers side. One by the wheel arch and one on the drivers door. Both caused by an over zealous gardener a few months ago!
The chassis has clearly been looked after as given the age and the fact that the car has had no outrigger work carried out its is surprising good condition. That said I suspect you would want to replace both full out riggers. At its last MOT it was noted that there was some rust appearing on one of the corners which would need to be looked at for new MOT.
The central chassis frame reported as in good condition and the garage couldn't find anything wrong with that apart from some surface paint peal which needed to be treated and repainted.
Top end was at 37845 by Levan Technology. This included new Cams, Lifters, Rockers, chain set, gear set, gaskets & Seals. Just under 2k worth of work receipts included
I am no mechanic but the engine sounds amazing and pulls really well and hasn't missed a beat in my ownership. No smoke on start up or when warm. I have recently had two new rocker covers prepared in original candy purple as worn by the 500's which I think finishes the engine off really nicely.
I am in the process of buying a house so need to sell to free up some additional funding.
Car is priced to sell, this is a great 500 just needs £1500 outriggers and you have a 18-20k car which is only going up in value.
Car is located in North Bristol (Garaged at Fathers house)
Offers invited in the region of £14,500
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size5,000 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 7
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Have had it for 5 years, bought against my better judgement. Has turned out to be the best decision I've made. Love it! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Lusted for a V8 open top sports car, with REAL performance since I was a kid,and its as good as i always wanted it to be!
Had it 10 years and i still get a thrill, esp on a greasy road Read the full summary
My first TVR!
A stunning TVR Chimaera 400 in Porsche Iris Blue. The car had done around 57,000 miles when I bought it and was in excellent condition. The bodywork is near perfect, outriggers have been replaced and the engine runs well.
My girlfriend and I have been really... Read the full summary
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Fuel (18.00 mpg @ 135.00 p/litre)||£3,069||£1,364|
|Servicing / Repairs||£1,273||£566|
|Total Running Costs||£3,846||£1,709|
Well just coming up on 3 years of ownership & I'm still well chuffed. Running costs? Well, if you discount Fuel,tax & ins it's Nil, Nowt,not a thing! That said, I put on new springs and dampers plus grooved discs & EBC green stuff pads which made a huge difference, but these were things I wanted to... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 10,025 miles
- 114 bhp
- 1,984 miles
- 100 bhp
- Used TVR in Bedford (1)
- Used TVR in Bures (2)
- Used TVR in Cambridge (2)
- Used TVR in Chelmsford (1)
- Used TVR in Hoddesdon (1)
- Used TVR in Ipswich (8)
- Used TVR in Norwich (1)
- Used TVR in Rayleigh (1)
- Used TVR in Sandy (1)
- Used TVR in Stansted (3)
- Used TVR in Ware (13)
- Used cars in Bristol (2366)
- Used cars in Derby (1626)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2272)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5526)
- Used cars in Leeds (2526)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1612)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1849)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1644)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1609)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1815)
- Used cars in York (1606)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12751)
- Used cars in East of England (15232)
- Used cars in London (5189)
- Used cars in North East (7364)
- Used cars in North West (18482)
- Used cars in Scotland (21552)
- Used cars in South East (22081)
- Used cars in South West (10645)
- Used cars in Wales (4651)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10881)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17178)
No recent searches