A bit about the car. The previous owner had it for some 11 years, in that time he did some extensive body and engine work, yet never drove the car! (it only did around 350 miles in that time).
The shell was stripped and dipped to remove and prevent any rust, it was then primer dipped and finally painted in a vw body shop in original oil-based nossetti brown paint on a roller, yes the underside and inside is as good as the outside and the whole thing looks brilliant and is completely rust free.
The engine only has around 4000 miles on it. It's a TSR performance 2liter 8valve and it's on twin 45 Webber carbs. Yes, it's fast and loud! This year I had it extensively tuned on a rolling road and it runs great! I did a lot of tidying and rewiring in the bay too and everything works and looks neat. The clutch is also a new up-rated one.
The interior is all original storm cream leather, with wooden gear stick and leather steering wheel. I did replace the carpet this year as the original was showing its age. Its also had a new headliner and sunroof (that doesn't leek!).
The wheels are 14" from an Audi coupe, though I do have the original set of 13" alloys. It's running fully adjustable kw coilovers and it ride brilliantly, the whole thing is also pollybushed and has antiroll bars.
Being nearly 40 years old it's not perfect, there's a few minor niggls. Things like the odd paint chip, a missing parcel shelf and missing front spliter (though I've never been a fan of that). All in all its a very clean car though and most importantly brilliant fun!
I'm sure there's a lot more to be said but if you have any questions then just ask, viewing obviously welcome too. As I said its a fixed price and if it doesn't sell then that's fine, so please don't waste my time if you're not a serious buyer.
Call or text- 07523 380 735
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Wasn't looking for one but got a text out the blue from a friend saying he was thinking of selling and would I be interested. Done a few things to it since then to tidy it up and get it running perfectly, I don't really intend to modify it (although a front lower strut brace did tidy the handling up... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Road Tests & Reviews
- 18,804 miles
- 150 bhp
- 36,000 miles
- 240 bhp
- 22,703 miles
- 109 bhp
- Used Volkswagen in Aylesbury (73)
- Used Volkswagen in Brighton (61)
- Used Volkswagen in Chertsey (30)
- Used Volkswagen in Chichester (92)
- Used Volkswagen in Eastbourne (72)
- Used Volkswagen in Epsom (57)
- Used Volkswagen in Haywards Heath (39)
- Used Volkswagen in Milton Keynes (128)
- Used Volkswagen in Reading (18)
- Used Volkswagen in Southampton (212)
- Used Volkswagen in Worthing (77)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1431)
- Used cars in Derby (1364)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1431)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1249)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1732)
- Used cars in Leeds (1989)
- Used cars in Leicester (1322)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1388)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1752)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1321)
- Used cars in Stoke-on-Trent (1189)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11128)
- Used cars in East of England (10115)
- Used cars in London (3036)
- Used cars in North East (6138)
- Used cars in North West (11539)
- Used cars in Scotland (7763)
- Used cars in South East (14884)
- Used cars in South West (7797)
- Used cars in Wales (4953)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10071)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (13616)
No recent searches