Tractor pushes parked cars out of the way

Tractor pushes parked cars out of the way

Author
Discussion

Lord Marylebone

Original Poster:

13,207 posts

146 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Wrote a lengthy post, but thought I would keep it short:

Walkers/tourists line a country road with parked cars while they go off for the day into the mountains.

Local farmer is going about his business, comes along with a very large tractor and pulling a large cattle trailer. He comes to the row of parked cars, can't fit though, and can't reverse either because there is nowhere to reverse to, can't turn around, plus he has work to attend to.

Nothing else he can do but push his way through the parked cars.

No note was left, and no one is sure which farmer it was (although the John Deere green paint may narrow it down).

Result: Lots of furious walkers who are now all calling for the farmer to be prosecuted, and demanding to know whose insurance will pay for all this.

Thoughts?










Willy Nilly

12,511 posts

133 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
I've wanted to do that but never had the balls.

PS, that won't have been a "very large tractor". they don't live in that sort of area.

Edited by Willy Nilly on Sunday 12th November 21:12

xjay1337

15,966 posts

84 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
Wrote a lengthy post, but thought I would keep it short:

Walkers/tourists line a country road with parked cars while they go off for the day into the mountains.

Local farmer is going about his business, comes along with a very large tractor and pulling a large cattle trailer. He comes to the row of parked cars, can't fit though, and can't reverse either because there is nowhere to reverse to, can't turn around, plus he has work to attend to.

Nothing else he can do but push his way through the parked cars.

No note was left, and no one is sure which farmer it was (although the John Deere green paint may narrow it down).

Result: Lots of furious walkers who are now all calling for the farmer to be prosecuted, and demanding to know whose insurance will pay for all this.

Thoughts?









fking hell.

That is brutal.

Farmer is a complete wker irrespective of how the other cars were parked.

A ballsy move indeed, but knobbish. (They tend to go hand in hand).

caelite

4,207 posts

78 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Willy Nilly said:
I've wanted to do that but never had the balls.
I've been tempted too I must admit, never would though, however my bucket list does contain giving <40mph b-road doddlers a helping shunt (think, the latest James Bond and the Fiat 500 scene), and renting a bulldozer and having a terrible accident relating to local speed bumps and speed cameras. biggrin

The Mad Monk

8,570 posts

83 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
xjay1337 said:
fking hell.

That is brutal.

Farmer is a complete wker irrespective of how the other cars were parked.

A ballsy move indeed, but knobbish. (They tend to go hand in hand).
What was the farmer supposed to do?

Wait patiently until the very last walker had come back?

citizensm1th

8,200 posts

103 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
that looks like a large group of walkers (going on the number parked up)

Isn't it also the fact that there is no "right" to park on a road especially if causing an obstruction

while it has undoubtedly has pissed a few walkers off i am not overly sympathetic

Willy Nilly

12,511 posts

133 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Don't the fire service bill you when they do that?

Glasgowrob

2,796 posts

87 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Sorry
With the farmer on this one


Drive Blind

3,979 posts

143 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
Thoughts?
the farmer has been getting pissed off for months/years with folk parking and blocking the road.
He finally reached breaking point.

Efbe

9,251 posts

132 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
hahahahaha.

tractor driver is a knob, and I'm sure will pay for this, but hopefully the drivers will learn from their poor parking.

Lord Marylebone

Original Poster:

13,207 posts

146 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Willy Nilly said:
I've wanted to do that but never had the balls.

PS, that won't have been a "very large tractor". they don't live in that sort of area.

Edited by Willy Nilly on Sunday 12th November 21:12
It depends on your definition of 'very large'.

It certainly won't have been a Case Quadtrac, but tractors in these parts have grown massively in the last few years and it isn't uncommon for even the hill farmers to have things like a 6000 series John Deere or similar.

xjay1337

15,966 posts

84 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
The Mad Monk said:
What was the farmer supposed to do?

Wait patiently until the very last walker had come back?
Presumably they hadn't blocked the road fully. Normal car / van / fire engine probably could get by.

Can't say we all haven't parked similarly in the past.

Certainly the farmer doesn't have the right to smash up cars and then drive off without leaving a note.

That is actually a criminal offence.

Willy Nilly

12,511 posts

133 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Lord Marylebone said:
It depends on your definition of 'very large'.

It certainly won't have been a Case Quadtrac, but tractors in these parts have grown massively in the last few years and it isn't uncommon for even the hill farmers to have things like a 6000 series John Deere or similar.
It may well have been a 6000 series Deere, but it was probably one of the small framed models.

Likeomg

160 posts

64 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
it's been confirmed as a tractor pulling a sheep trailer.. apparently you could only just squeeze a car through the gap...


gooner1

10,223 posts

145 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Drive Blind said:
the farmer has been getting pissed off for months/years with folk parking and blocking the road.
He finally reached breaking point.
Oh you know the farmer then?

Drive Blind

3,979 posts

143 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
gooner1 said:
Drive Blind said:
the farmer has been getting pissed off for months/years with folk parking and blocking the road.
He finally reached breaking point.
Oh you know the farmer then?
just sharing my thoughts as requested by the OP

BugLebowski

1,023 posts

82 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
eh, I wouldn't do it myself but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either. Don't block roads/field gates and the problem wouldn't arise.

gooner1

10,223 posts

145 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
Drive Blind said:
just sharing my thoughts as requested by the OP
Relax, I ain't old bill.

pixelatedJH

225 posts

79 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
I get he's a farmer and in a hurry and all that... But there must be tens of thousands of damage there. Can't see why other than red mist that you'd feel the need to do that.

Efbe

9,251 posts

132 months

Sunday 12th November 2017
quotequote all
pixelatedJH said:
I get he's a farmer and in a hurry and all that... But there must be tens of thousands of damage there. Can't see why other than red mist that you'd feel the need to do that.
what was the alternative?