Forza Horizon 4 !

Author
Discussion

sparks_E46

10,064 posts

149 months

Monday 11th June
quotequote all
Looks insanely good but then so did Snorza Horizon 3 rolleyes

designforlife

2,095 posts

99 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
Based on 1,2 and 3, i'm pretty confident this will deliver...still playing forza 7 (realised last night that it is probably my favourite in the series), and marvelling at what a good series it has become as it has evolved.


Mike335i

2,029 posts

38 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
Having watched more of it, the trailers look great but the gameplay doesn't seem that different from before. Lists of bright colours, shouting, hypercars crashing about all over the place, loud music etc etc. Just feels a little much game and not enough sim.

I would prefer an option to remove the festival and the other drivers from the game, just having the map with traffic.

Having said that, I haven't played the game myself and maybe I am being unfair.

That Mclaren Senna is not a good looking thing though haha

N0ddie

208 posts

101 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
Mike335i said:
Having watched more of it, the trailers look great but the gameplay doesn't seem that different from before. Lists of bright colours, shouting, hypercars crashing about all over the place, loud music etc etc. Just feels a little much game and not enough sim.

I would prefer an option to remove the festival and the other drivers from the game, just having the map with traffic.

Having said that, I haven't played the game myself and maybe I am being unfair.

That Mclaren Senna is not a good looking thing though haha
Its not a sim game though. They don't claim for it to be. This is 100% arcade style racer. You want sim? Project Cars is what your after.

p1stonhead

17,122 posts

103 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
N0ddie said:
Mike335i said:
Having watched more of it, the trailers look great but the gameplay doesn't seem that different from before. Lists of bright colours, shouting, hypercars crashing about all over the place, loud music etc etc. Just feels a little much game and not enough sim.

I would prefer an option to remove the festival and the other drivers from the game, just having the map with traffic.

Having said that, I haven't played the game myself and maybe I am being unfair.

That Mclaren Senna is not a good looking thing though haha
Its not a sim game though. They don't claim for it to be. This is 100% arcade style racer. You want sim? Project Cars is what your after.
It doesnt have to be project car levels of sim. It doesnt even have the physics etc of the main Forza series though. If it did it would be 100% better. I dont see why they cant at least make it an option?
Advertisement

J8 SVG

1,005 posts

66 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
p1stonhead said:
It doesnt have to be project car levels of sim. It doesnt even have the physics etc of the main Forza series though. If it did it would be 100% better. I dont see why they cant at least make it an option?
Because they already make a game called Forza Motorsport...

You can't drive a high powered hypercar across ice but guess what, we want to! Just be glad it's not like Forza Horz 1 where you couldn't even tune the cars!

Mike335i

2,029 posts

38 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
I might have missed something in the past few iterations, but the point of Forza Horizon was to mix open world fun with Forza physics, so reasonably realistic. Like a more realistic TDU. It worked well the first time round.

The thing with project cars and Forza 7 etc is that they remain circuit based. It was the option of combining realism with open world that appealed to me, especially if it recreated more local roads.

I could never drive to my cars full potential on the road as it would be disastrously dangerous, but it would be fun to do it in a game.

wildoliver

8,018 posts

152 months

Tuesday 12th June
quotequote all
Brilliant series of games can't wait. Blasting through the undergrowth across fields in a tuned Rambo lambo is far more fun than it should be.

Always get and finish the circuit racers but I find them a bit boring really.

p1stonhead

17,122 posts

103 months

Wednesday 13th June
quotequote all
Not sure what I was expecting to be fair but this is a bit underwhelming to me;

https://youtu.be/dGl00hItvbw

J4CKO

25,786 posts

136 months

Wednesday 13th June
quotequote all
That looks fantastic.

The_Jackal

3,857 posts

133 months

Wednesday 13th June
quotequote all
To be fair that is the ONLY footage, and it is of the same demo section that is only playable by anyone at E3.
More details are trickling out about the Forzathon aspect of it and the size of the map (same as FH3 by the way)

All this footage is designed to showcase is the Senna and the new location.

sparks_E46

10,064 posts

149 months

Wednesday 13th June
quotequote all
I wouldn’t play it if it was a realistic sim, would be too boring.

Hammy98

560 posts

28 months

Thursday 14th June
quotequote all
Looks good and I'm looking forward to it.

But I do get the distinct feeling that the individual regions etc wont actually be presented and it'll just be a large random map based off the shape of the UK with lots of snow and mountains at the top of Scotland and some landmarks thrown in elsewhere.

Did it say anything about Ireland being included? I didn't catch that but would be interesting if they had it as a smaller separate 'map' which you could access via ferry or whatever.

ape x

660 posts

13 months

Thursday 14th June
quotequote all
p1stonhead said:
N0ddie said:
Mike335i said:
Having watched more of it, the trailers look great but the gameplay doesn't seem that different from before. Lists of bright colours, shouting, hypercars crashing about all over the place, loud music etc etc. Just feels a little much game and not enough sim.

I would prefer an option to remove the festival and the other drivers from the game, just having the map with traffic.

Having said that, I haven't played the game myself and maybe I am being unfair.

That Mclaren Senna is not a good looking thing though haha
Its not a sim game though. They don't claim for it to be. This is 100% arcade style racer. You want sim? Project Cars is what your after.
It doesnt have to be project car levels of sim. It doesnt even have the physics etc of the main Forza series though. If it did it would be 100% better. I dont see why they cant at least make it an option?
If you want a sim get a PC / wheel / pedals / seat. World is literally your oyster.

Mike335i

2,029 posts

38 months

Thursday 14th June
quotequote all
Pc would be too pricey, already have the xbox though. One day I might have a pc set up.

Look I'm not slating the game, I just would like something more realistic that's all

RB Will

5,414 posts

176 months

Friday 15th June
quotequote all
Hammy98 said:
would be interesting if they had it as a smaller separate 'map' which you could access via ferry or whatever.
IOM for the TT course and rally stages!!

Mike335i

2,029 posts

38 months

Friday 15th June
quotequote all
RB Will said:
IOM for the TT course and rally stages!!
This would be my dream game. A game set on the IOM with the option of it being off season with little traffic, but with licensed cars (and bikes) and realistic physics being used.

The_Jackal

3,857 posts

133 months

Friday 15th June
quotequote all
Have you seen the new IOM TT game? No cars but accurate track and bikes.

kowalski655

7,531 posts

79 months

Friday 15th June
quotequote all
It all looks somewhat loud and brash for us Brits, eh what? smile
Wonder if it will have a bunch of st hot hatches doing donuts in a supermarket car park?

bloomen

1,861 posts

95 months

Friday 15th June
quotequote all
I tried the demo for number 3. I thought the physics were little to no fun. I've played Android games that were more convincing. This had better be a whole lot better.