North West Spotted Thread (Vol 3)

North West Spotted Thread (Vol 3)

Author
Discussion

Jukebag

1,388 posts

103 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
at the risk of taking this thread way off topic, are you saying you think this is all a hoax
In a nutshell, yes I am. And before you hurl abuse at me and call me a conspiracy theorist just do abit of research and judge for yourself (and I don't mean via the BBC).

Blown2CV

24,722 posts

167 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Jukebag said:
Blown2CV said:
at the risk of taking this thread way off topic, are you saying you think this is all a hoax
In a nutshell, yes I am. And before you hurl abuse at me and call me a conspiracy theorist just do abit of research and judge for yourself (and I don't mean via the BBC).
wow persecution complex.... I am not going to 'hurl abuse'... mainly because it's totally pointless and it would be off-topic however, rather than out of concern for your feelings. Also I wouldn't want to reward you with a platform to spout what is essentially uncorroborated user-generated 'wokeness'.

Let me guess - you live in Wigan?

andy43

7,243 posts

218 months

Tuesday 5th January
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
Let me guess - you live in Wigan?
hehe

Tickle

3,974 posts

168 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
andy43 said:
Blown2CV said:
Let me guess - you live in Wigan?
hehe
laugh

Tickle

3,974 posts

168 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
Jukebag said:
There seems to be a lack of spotting in the North West compared to other regions.
There a difference between spotted and spotting.

Maybe the NW doesn't have a big spotting culture, with people standing on a city street waiting for a supercar to pass slowly.

A lot in this thread are spotted, unusual/nostalgic/performance cars just out and about.

droopsnoot

8,599 posts

206 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
Tickle said:
Maybe the NW doesn't have a big spotting culture, with people standing on a city street waiting for a supercar to pass slowly.
Perhaps in a lot of the NW, but Alderley Edge / Wilmslow does seem to feature in a lot of the supercar "spots" and seems to attract a lot of spotters, going by some of the other threads.

Tickle said:
A lot in this thread are spotted, unusual/nostalgic/performance cars just out and about.
To me, that's all that should be in a "spotted" thread - no car shows, gatherings, no showroom shots.

Fane

1,171 posts

164 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
To my mind, this thread died a few years back when a prolific contributor (can't remember his name) got slagged off for the number and size of his posts. He took umbrage (rightly so) and buggered off.

Cie

17,052 posts

157 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
I used to post every "spot" I saw for years on this thread but only once was the owner on PH so I gave up. I saw a Huracan Evo in Audenshaw the other day, pointless to post it though tbh.

Blown2CV

24,722 posts

167 months

Wednesday 6th January
quotequote all
Fane said:
To my mind, this thread died a few years back when a prolific contributor (can't remember his name) got slagged off for the number and size of his posts. He took umbrage (rightly so) and buggered off.
haha so there was only one guy spotting

Jukebag

1,388 posts

103 months

Tuesday 12th January
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
wow persecution complex.... I am not going to 'hurl abuse'... mainly because it's totally pointless and it would be off-topic however, rather than out of concern for your feelings. Also I wouldn't want to reward you with a platform to spout what is essentially uncorroborated user-generated 'wokeness'.

Let me guess - you live in Wigan?
What rubbish are you listening to?. what has woke got to do with anything?. From what you're saying it appears all you do is read newspapers and watch BBC News and Good Morning Britain and believe all the garbage that comes out of these muppets' mouths.

Blown2CV

24,722 posts

167 months

Tuesday 12th January
quotequote all
Jukebag said:
Blown2CV said:
wow persecution complex.... I am not going to 'hurl abuse'... mainly because it's totally pointless and it would be off-topic however, rather than out of concern for your feelings. Also I wouldn't want to reward you with a platform to spout what is essentially uncorroborated user-generated 'wokeness'.

Let me guess - you live in Wigan?
What rubbish are you listening to?. what has woke got to do with anything?. From what you're saying it appears all you do is read newspapers and watch BBC News and Good Morning Britain and believe all the garbage that comes out of these muppets' mouths.
yea i forgot David Icke is the only validated source these days. Let me guess - absence of evidence is proof of the conspiracy, am i right?

greggy50

5,229 posts

155 months

Tuesday 26th January
quotequote all
I have seen an MX5 a couple of times in Chester with a PH sticker on so assume its someone from here...

Stan the Bat

6,316 posts

176 months

Tuesday 26th January
quotequote all
greggy50 said:
I have seen an MX5 a couple of times in Chester with a PH sticker on so assume its someone from here...
Black one ?

greggy50

5,229 posts

155 months

Tuesday 26th January
quotequote all
Stan the Bat said:
greggy50 said:
I have seen an MX5 a couple of times in Chester with a PH sticker on so assume its someone from here...
Black one ?
Thats the one 😀

Stan the Bat

6,316 posts

176 months

Tuesday 26th January
quotequote all
Could be me then. cool

greggy50

5,229 posts

155 months

Tuesday 26th January
quotequote all
Stan the Bat said:
Could be me then. cool
I will flash if I see it again, I drive a grey Polestar I still haven't seen another on the road around here so I should be an easy spot!

Stan the Bat

6,316 posts

176 months

Wednesday 27th January
quotequote all
Never heard of a polestar, but if a strange car flashes me then I will try and enjoy it ! smokin

Its Just Adz

10,186 posts

173 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Really really nice E34 M5, silver, in Grimsargh this afternoon.
Would have got a pic but hands were full of the dogs lead.

Tickle

3,974 posts

168 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Enjoying the spring sun, a JPS black/gold Esprit in Crank near the Red Cat.

Looked very nice!

Its Just Adz

10,186 posts

173 months

Friday 19th March
quotequote all
Cerbera in Preston, got to be someone from here??